Domino Data Lab has an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers include the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, such as Monsanto, Allstate, and Instacart. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Zetta Venture Partners, Bloomberg Beta, and In-Q-Tel, the company is at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies build better cars, develop more effective medicine, or simply recommend the best song to play next.
The ModelOps engineering team is responsible for the modules of Domino which enable the deployment, hosting, and monitoring of machine learning models. Model Monitoring in particular is a rapidly expanding market segment which is anticipated to be the next billion dollar data science technology category. Our team has an ambitious and exciting roadmap for addressing this need.
As a staff software engineer in the ModelOps team, you’ll shape the products and features that will define how data science is utilized in virtually every industry in the world. You will be playing the role of a system architect, a team leader responsible for the delivery of multiple strategic initiatives. You will work closely with the product managers and the leadership and collaborate with cross-functional teams to guide products from conception through launch and adoption.
If you're a full-lifecycle, software engineer with serious tech chops, we have exciting challenges for you to tackle:
- Big data analytics
- Distributed systems
- Multi-cloud and on prem deployments
- Cluster management and orchestration
- Access and Security
- Best-of-breed data science tools and platforms
Our stack is Scala, Go, Python, Spark, Kubernetes, relational and NoSQL databases, and React, Node, Prometheus, Grafana. We're always excited to meet great engineers who can quickly learn new technologies.
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Deliver on the product roadmap and burn down technical debt
- Own projects and see them through from conception to delivery
- Build products, systems, and services that have an immediate impact on our customers
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to define your team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers’ needs
- Coach and develop engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the organization and company
Qualifications / Skills
- 10+ years of hands-on experience
- Proven track record of independent problem solving and project ownership
- History of delivering and maintaining scalable production systems and products
- Exceptional complex-problem decomposition & solving acumen
- Egoless and mission-focused
Nice to Have
- Programming and/or cluster management on spark/kubernetes
- Data science knowledge
- K8s, Python & Scala experience