Who we are
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
The Business Value Consulting team works with Domino's most strategic enterprise customers to quantify and accelerate their value realization from using the Domino MLOps platform. As part of the GTM team, a BVC serves as a strategic partner across sales, customer success and marketing, providing guidance on account strategy, deal prioritization, and value-selling best practices.
The BVC team is scaling up to meet the growth demands of our frontline AEs and CSMs, as well as our customer base. As an early member of this team you will have the opportunity to help define and scale Domino’s industry-leading business value framework while scaling tools and engagement strategy for consistency and impact. You will report to the VP of Business Value and have the opportunity to partner with our talented GTM org and leadership to advise the world's largest and most impactful enterprises at the forefront of data science.
What your impact will be
We’re looking for a resourceful, results-oriented consulting professional to help us build and scale our Business Value Consulting practice. The ideal candidate will have prior consulting experience, strong financial and business acumen, familiarity with the AI/ML lifecycle and technologies, and passion for building and helping customers achieve their goals.
If you want to have an outsized impact at a company that is at a massive inflection point, then this is the role for you. You will:
- Lead and deliver business value engagements with customer executives, leaders and practitioners across IT, AI/ML, and Line of Business functions
- Develop in-depth ROI investment justifications and value realization analyses that quantify the value of Domino in alignment with customer business goals; conduct customer interviews and facilitate value discovery workshops
- Build and deliver compelling CxO-level business case presentations that clearly articulate the strategic and financial value of Domino, and accelerate and expand sales opportunities
- Collaborate closely with sales, customer success, and marketing teams throughout the customer journey to achieve both customer and account objectives
- Develop industry-specific and other value tools and collateral to continually evolve the BVC function; help implement a customer value management platform to increase BVC scale, efficiency, consistency, and impact
- Maintain and evolve customer value realization benchmark database
- Champion value selling across Go To Market functions and educate field personnel on business value best practices; enable and coach AEs in creating their own business cases for selected opportunities
- Engage with other functions across the company, as well as Domino Partners, in support of sales pursuits and special projects
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of our core personas, competitors, product offering, and named accounts
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of client-facing experience in management consulting, strategy consulting, or value consulting/engineering
- Expert level analytical skill, including in-depth business case development and ROI/TCO financial modeling
- Superb oral and written communication skills; able to skillfully blend quantitative data with qualitative information into a cohesive narrative that drives impact
- Top notch presentation skills; experience effectively engaging and facilitating at CxO (client and internal) and all stakeholder levels
- Strong skills in value selling and building win-win customer relationships
- Self-motivated; effective working both individually and as part of a highly collaborative cross-functional team
- Enjoy working in fast-paced, high-growth, startup environment; tolerance for ambiguity and ability to “just get it done”
- Familiarity with AI/ML lifecycle, technology, and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, or other analytical field required; MBA preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 40% (post-COVID)
What we value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible At Domino Everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply
What we offer
- Competitive compensation, commission, and equity package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits for both you and your dependents
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Opportunity to work with passionate people in a mission-driven company defining a quickly growing field
- Reimbursement for essential Work From Home expenses