We are a scrappy, well-funded, proven team of technology, product, data, marketing, and design experts. We know how to bring complex, regulated products to market. We’ve worked on industry-leading products such as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, the Apple Card, and Clarity Money.
At Domain Money, we are on a mission to build a next-generation investment platform that serves mass affluent retail investors, bridging the gap between their digital assets and their broader financial lives. Utilizing a single platform, customers can invest in traditional stocks and cryptocurrencies, invest in actively managed strategies, earn interest, and borrow against their assets. We also offer a crypto rewards-based credit card.
If you have intellectual curiosity and creative passion and this sounds like a challenge that excites you, we invite you to speak with us.
Bring the Crypto Market Opportunity to the Retail Investor
Domain Money is a next-generation wealth management platform designed to serve mass affluent customers. Our customers can gain exposure to our best investment thinking with a click of a button through our strategies, or make bets directly leveraging our market leading insights in Signal.
Domain Money is backed by industry-leading investors including Bessemer, Maveron, and RRE. The team is composed of seasoned fintech operators from Goldman Sachs, Coinbase, Betterment and SoFi.
The Department: Operations
Protection - for our clients and our company - forms the linchpin of our business at Domain. Our Risk department plays a critical role in proactively identifying, mitigating, and managing the firm’s cyber threat exposure, both internally and externally. Leveraging data, engineering, and intellectual horsepower, our team is implementing cutting edge prevention protocols and building best in class data protection in a first-of-its kind industry; our goal: safeguard Domain so that we can continue to revolutionize the future of money.
The Role: Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Domain is looking for a CISO to oversee, maintain and execute all information security and data protection initiatives in the firm. The CISO function works closely with various teams across Domain including products, operations, engineering, compliance and audit to manage inherent risks and mitigate vulnerabilities in the systems and processes of the company. We are looking for someone who can bring technical expertise and risk management experience while at the same time a critical, quantitative and hands-on approach to manage the IT and data security risks of Domain. The role will require developing processes and procedures to translate Domain’s Cyber Security Policy into functional structures which protect Domain’s information systems and the nonpublic information stored on them as well as building technical solutions for real-time risk monitoring of cyber-security threats. The role provides an exciting opportunity to understand and build threat mitigating infrastructure of a rapidly growing retail financial technology and evolving asset class.
- Develop, implement, and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise and application IT cybersecurity program. Drive security standards across the organization, including information security policies and guidelines.
- Analyze and test systems and processes to understand vulnerabilities to cyber threats.
- Sets project security standards and ensures compliance throughout development.
- Continuously and measurably improves technology and data security.
- Provides strategic and tactical vision, along with execution focused on incident prevention, detection, and response.
- Identifies, tracks, and communicates detailed metrics indicating overall security risk factors.
- Ensures organization's capability to analyze and mitigate security threats.
- Work with team members and developers on the design and development of threat deterrence and defense technologies and risk mitigation infrastructure.
- Implements an incident response program to identify and respond if any breaches (internal or external) or misuse of data takes place.
- Conduct research to understand emerging threats and develop innovative risk management approaches, tools, and analytics to better manage risk.
- Briefs Head of Engineering and other executives regularly on current cybersecurity threats and challenges, and the status of the information security management system.
- Coordinate with executive leadership annual third party security risk assessments.
- Lead the annual internal risk assessment. Document its findings and develop recommendations to address deficiencies.
- Undergraduate or higher degree in computer science or a relevant discipline.
- 10 years of information technology experience.
- 5+ years of work experience in a cyber security, information security or data risk management capacity.
- Experience developing and managing information security and/or data privacy programs and a proven track record of implementing organization-wide solutions that protect information assets.
- Knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements related to data and information security in the financial services sector.
- A solid understanding of information security and data privacy concepts, threats, and technologies, including industry standards and best practices
- Fluency in Python, JSON
- The ability to manage multiple tasks independently and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to proactively seek new ideas and solutions to improve the status quo.
- Ability to recognise threat prevention impact to UX and design elegant yet robust solutions.
- Strong work ethic – reliable and accountable, pay attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of staff as part of a team.
- A commitment to the highest ethical standards and to act with professionalism and integrity.
- Experience within a FinTech or retail financial services company.
- Relevant professional certification (CISM, CISSP, Security+, etc)
Join a team on a mission - Make meaningful connections with people thoroughly committed to success and excellence, who have a passion for re-inventing things. Our beautiful offices are in SOHO.
Stay Healthy - We offer a competitive suite of medical benefits and have a flexible leave policy.
Work Flexible Hours - Vacation and personal days off are generous and paid. Work hard and relax when you like. Remote work is an option.
At Domain Money, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Domain is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of our team know.