We are a scrappy, well-funded, proven team of technology, product, data, marketing, and design experts. We know how to bring complex, regulated products to market. We’ve worked on industry-leading products such as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, the Apple Card, and Clarity Money.
At Domain Money, we are on a mission to build a next-generation investment platform that serves mass affluent retail investors, bridging the gap between their digital assets and their broader financial lives. Utilizing a single platform, customers can invest in traditional stocks and cryptocurrencies, invest in actively managed strategies, earn interest, and borrow against their assets. We also offer a crypto rewards-based credit card.
If you have intellectual curiosity and creative passion and this sounds like a challenge that excites you, we invite you to speak with us.
Bring the Crypto Market Opportunity to the Retail Investor
Domain Money is a next-generation wealth management platform designed to serve mass affluent customers. Our customers can gain exposure to our best investment thinking with a click of a button through our strategies, or make bets directly leveraging our market leading insights in Signal.
Domain Money is backed by industry-leading investors including Bessemer, Maveron, and RRE. The team is composed of seasoned fintech operators from Goldman Sachs, Coinbase, Betterment and SoFi.
Empower the Retail Investor Through Crypto
Domain is a crypto-first neo bank, building a set of trading and banking functions designed to serve active retail investors. Customers are able to buy, sell, store, earn and borrow against multiple asset classes including traditional stocks and bonds, as well as cryptocurrencies.
Domain is backed by industry leading investors including Bessemer, Maveron and RRE. The team is composed of seasoned product and engineering team members who come out of Marcus by Goldman Sachs, the firm’s consumer facing bank and the largest neo-bank in the US.
Decentralized finance will reinvent how finance works, this will create new classes of assets, new financial instruments and new ways of banking. Domain is singularly focused on serving this customer with a world class product and brand experience.
The Department: Risk
Protection - for our clients and our company - forms the linchpin of our business at Domain. Our Risk department plays a critical role in proactively identifying, mitigating, and managing the firm’s exposure, both internally and externally. Leveraging data, engineering, and intellectual horsepower, our Risk team is building a robust second line of defense in a first-of-its kind industry; our goal: safeguard Domain so that we can continue to revolutionize the future of money.
The Role: Head of Risk, Quantitative Analytics
Domain is looking for a Head of Risk to oversee the quantitative operations of our business. The risk management function works closely with various teams across Domain including products, operations, engineering, compliance and audit to manage inherent risks in processes of the Company. We are looking for someone who can bring technical expertise and risk management while at the same time a critical, quantitative and hands-on approach to manage market risk of Domain. The role will require implementing technical solutions for real-time risk monitoring. The role provides an exciting opportunity to understand and build risk monitoring infrastructure of an evolving asset class. The individual will use his/ her experience, analytical skills and technical ability to support processes like Value at Risk (VaR) calculation, stress testing for traded products.
- Analyze portfolios and strategies to understand the drivers of risk and develop reports that summarize the risk profiles and to facilitate efficient risk management as well as improve understanding of portfolio.
- Significant part of the job will require analyzing large structured and unstructured datasets, such as internal trade/market data, and running numerical simulations and statistical analysis.
- Help design and improve stress testing, VaR and various limit frameworks for portfolios of diverse products and strategies.
- Work with team members and developers on the design and development of risk management and infrastructure.
- Evaluate and validate risk calculations and models to ensure the soundness and correct application of the models.
- Conduct research to develop innovative risk management approaches, tools, and analytics to better manage risk and deliver those research findings to senior management.
- Undergraduate or higher degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years of work experience in a quantitative research, trading, or risk management capacity.
- Strong background in statistics, math, and econometrics.
- High level of proficiency in quantitative programming (Python, MATLAB, R).
- Ability to understand financial risk and quantify them.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks independently and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to proactively seek new ideas and solutions to improve the status quo.
- Strong work ethics – reliable and accountable, pay attention to details.
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff as part of a team.
- A commitment to the highest ethical standards and to act with professionalism and integrity.
Join a team on a mission - Make meaningful connections with people thoroughly committed to success and excellence, who have a passion for re-inventing things. Our beautiful offices are in SOHO.
Stay Healthy - We offer a competitive suite of medical benefits and have a flexible leave policy.
Work Flexible Hours - Vacation and personal days off are generous and paid. Work hard and relax when you like. Remote work is an option.
At Domain Money, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Domain is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of our team know.