Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the world.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
DOMA is looking for qualified applicants to be the Head of Legal for an incredibly strategic, stealth new product offering we’re building to help massively reduce the friction involved in closing residential real estate purchase transactions. The right candidate for the job is a motivated, entrepreneurial, and practiced attorney who can work alongside other senior business partners in order to lead DOMA’s expansion into yet another inefficient area of the home buying and selling process. Building and launching this new product is one of DOMA’s key strategic initiatives for 2022 and beyond, and this role will have substantial support from the highest levels within the organization. Further details of the product can be shared with interested candidates after an initial screening process occurs.
What will you be doing?
- Serving as the lead legal resource for the development of an entirely new business function within a fast-growing, transformative company
- Liaising with external counsel and internal business functions to build a suite of documentation to achieve the project’s ambitious goals
- Working with the office of the General Counsel, the candidate will help to build and manage relationships with local regulators and define a compliance framework for other members of this project’s staff
- Leading legal due diligence and researching market dynamics related to this project’s strategic and expansionary goals
What skills and experience do you need?
- Law degree with 5+ years of subsequent experience as a practicing attorney where you developed specific, differentiated solutions for clients in navigating complex legal challenges to deliver quantifiable business outcomes
- Comfort with project management and undertaking several concurrent workstreams
- Ability to drive the formulation of complex documentation including, but not limited to, consumer lending agreements, mortgages, financing agreements, SPV creation and maintenance, etc.
- Ability to drive decisions and think like an owner of the business
- Capacity to cultivate strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills and sound judgement
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.