Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the world.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
We are looking for a versatile Staff Site Reliability Engineer with deep experience delivering insights into complex systems at scale. The Staff Site Reliability Engineer will drive cross-team initiatives that improve our engineering practices through increased accountability and deliver increased uptime and performance for the business. An ideal candidate would have prior experience implementing observability plans around logs, metrics, and traces.
If you are passionate about leveraging technology to revolutionize the real estate industry and remove the friction and frustration in the home closing experience, then this role is for you!
What you have:
- 8+ years of software development experience primarily focusing on site reliability
- Passion for building holistic views of system health in complex architectures
- Knowledge about observability systems for metrics, logs, and traces
- Proven track record of providing primary operational support for multiple distributed software applications
- Expertise in documenting tribal knowledge to avoid learning the same lesson twice
- Familiarity with a post-incident review process to identify critical areas of improvement across the engineering organization
- Experience with dynamic resource management frameworks (Mesos, Kubernetes, Yarn) or other high scale/availability deployment systems
- Intense need to fix broken things when you see them
- Deep thinking about system failure edge cases, scenarios, and specific implementations
- Advocacy for sustainability through repeatable best practices across teams
- Self-driven attitude to proactively identify opportunities for automation and uplifts
- Skills communicator able to coordinate with multiple engineering teams
What you value:
- Product and business-minded pragmatism
- Attention to detail and focus on quality over quantity
- Creative and practical approaches to architecting software systems
- Collaboration with - and inclusion of - a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
- A people-focused culture built on transparency, collaboration, empathy, and feedback
- Leadership as an essential skill at all levels of the organization
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.