Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the role
The Associate, Closing will be responsible for executing their assigned roles and functions with timeliness, expert accuracy, and precision for all standard workflows on standard files. They are able to identify more complex files for escalation to senior team members, and are still learning how to complete those more complex files. They can assist more junior team members on basic workflow responsibilities. They will proactively meet customer needs and provide a delightful closing experience. They exhibit the company values, will collaborate with their Operations Manager to create an efficient, enjoyable work environment.
What will you be doing?
- Closing duties include: · Confirming vesting during balancing
- Balancing a closing disclosure
- Verify that upcoming signing has been scheduled and assigned
- Preparing the final closing package, including final settlement statements, revised CDs, proceeds preferences, affidavits, and more
- Completing closings in a timely and high quality manner
- Ensuring that closing documents are delivered to the notary for signing · Review + understand purchase contract
- Assist Escrow Accounting with monthly reconciliation exceptions
- Additional customer service duties include:
- o Anticipating customer needs and identifying customer escalations for more senior team members in a professional, efficient manner
- o Providing status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers
- Monitor queue hygiene
- Consistent availability on company communication tools
What skills and experience do you need?
- Has 1+ year(s) of title & escrow experience with demonstrated success.
- Excellent phone, email, face-to-face and remote communication skills
- The ability to multi task and focus as required and to be proactive
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills, knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, and legal documents is required
- Open minded to process changes, continuous system updates and enhancements
- Proven customer service experience
- Have a driven, positive attitude and ability to work as a team player
- Proficient in using various computer programs and ability to navigate educational company provided resources
- Bonus: Experience processing files in ResWare
- Bonus: Possession of individual title and/or escrow licenses
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.