Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Develops and maintains business by the extensive application of basic marketing and customer service techniques. Interviews escrow principals to obtain pertinent facts, drawing of documents, and the disbursement of funds, and otherwise assists escrow principals, their lenders and/or agents in the consummation of escrows involving the financing or sale of single family and small multi-family residences. Conducts formal closing presentations with buyers, sellers and their agents all present at the same time. Reconciles escrow instructions with preliminary title report.
- Develops and maintain clientele
- Obtains demands/releases to clear title
- Takes terms and information needed to process escrow
- Draws all real estate settlement statements and HUD 1’s for signing
- Signs-up customers explaining our instructions and documents
- Audits and closes file when all funds and documents are received
- Trains, supervises and guides assistants
- Attends client and business development functions
- Disburses funds
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary information and escrow transactions
- Understands and complies with escrow accounting procedures
- Understands and complies with State Insurance Commissioner bulletins
- Determines appropriate priorities and workflow
- Refers questionable requests from customers to management for guidance
- Interfaces effectively in person and on the telephone with clients and customers
- Reviews customer accounts, market research reports and other market information to determine the availability of business as well as the company's and competitor's share of the market
- Assists the sale staff with contacts to brokers, real estate agents, builders, attorneys, lenders and other customers by telephone and in person to solicit business and ascertain the individual service needs of the customer
- Represents company in public, customer and community relation activities. Attends customer luncheons, dinners, realty board meetings and company tours, makes speeches and presents prepared educational programs to customer and other interested groups
- Draws documents needed for the closing from real estate contracts and lender closing instructions. Estimates the amount of money required to close escrow and obtains buyers' and sellers' deposits
- Reviews preliminary title report to verify vesting and legal description. Compares exceptions shown in title report with buyers', sellers', and lenders' instructions for possible liens or encumbrances not authorized in escrow or lender instructions. Reconciles discrepancies between instructions and title report with title closer and/or principals. Assists principals in obtaining releases of liens and other encumbrances
- Orders beneficiary statements or demands, loan interest, rents and other prorated items. Directs and may participate in the preparation of settlement sheets showing detailed breakdown of escrow, title, loan, brokers' commissions and other changes. Requests the issuance of title policies or other evidence of title
- Trains, assigns and reviews the work of one or more escrow technicians and/or secretaries
- Knows Rate Manual and quotes accurate fees
- Notarizes signatures
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table
- Minimum two to three years Escrow Closer experience, supervisory experience helpful
- Capable of processing standard sale, subdivision and loan only escrows without assistance
- Ability to attract and maintain acceptable base of customers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate well
- Ability to resolve escrow problems
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Math skills
- Business writing skills
- Escrow education and/or certificate helpful
- College-level, trade association, or in-house escrow training helpful
- Notary Public Commission required
- Driver’s license required
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.