Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the Role
To support our growth and expansion, Doma is seeking a Director of Pricing and Packaging reporting to the VP of Product Marketing. This experienced title industry pricing leader will enable us to establish a strategy grounded in an enduring set of first principles that will guide establishing new and re-evaluating current pricing to more consistently offer value-inspired pricing that allows us to secure new customers and build upon existing customer relationships.
- Partner with Executive and Senior Leadership to establish pricing strategy and a guiding set of first principles.
- Lead cross-functional pricing committee meeting that socializes, evaluates, and ultimately finalizes pricing proposals.
- Responsible for pricing changes from approval by the pricing committee through to implementation.
- Develop a rigorous and detailed understanding of the P&L and the interplay of title, escrow, and other additional fees to shape growth, retention and unit economics.
- Design, build, and test (via launch) models and analyses to inform the launch of new pricing models and test new pricing opportunities
- Identify and triage multiple priorities, issues and roadblocks facing the company using your experience leveraging internal data and consumer research for business impact.
- Serve as the primary cross-functional touchpoint for Pricing strategy across Product, Operations, Engineering, Business Development, Sales, Finance, and Analytics teams.
- Be a trusted partner, and collaborator, to commercial teams as they seek to best address market realities.
- Build alignment with finance partners to ensure pricing is impactful in achievement of our business objectives.
Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, engineering, Finance, Marketing, Business or an equivalent; MBA preferred.
- Senior-level experience in title and escrow pricing; ideally with experiences testing a variety of pricing and packaging solutions and performing the analysis necessary to inform smart development and delivery.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in pricing, strategy consulting, product management, product marketing or corporate strategy; at least 2+ years within title and escrow.
- Ability to quickly grasp new product concepts across a variety of technologies, consistently apply critical and structured thinking to new areas.
- Strategic mindset and roll-up-the-sleeves execution with the best in the industry
- Demonstrated experience in creating processes and scale across businesses and customer segments.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills and senior skills in negotiating and navigating executive approvals and regulatory submission processes.
- Experience establishing pricing in highly regulated industry; exposure to pricing at state or even county levels, as dictated by regulations or local norms, preferred.
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and proactively address conflicting stakeholder requirements to achieve creative compromise.
- You value collaboration with - and inclusion of - a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.