Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the role
The Post Closing Associate is a critical member of the Doma Operations purchase team. This individual will ensure that signed closing packages are received, reviewed, and processed with timeliness, expert accuracy, and precision, furthering the Doma mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for buyers, sellers, real estate agents, and lenders. The Post Closing Associate will be excited to join the ‘title company of the future,’ processing purchase transactions leveraging technology to streamline the closing process. The Post Closing Associate will be based in our state-of-the-art Operations Hub in Irvine, CA.
What will you be doing?
- Performing any or all post closing duties with confidence and professionalism
- Post closing duties include:
- Reviewing buyer and seller signed closing packages for accuracy and completeness
- Scanning packages and labeling documents correctly in files
- Ensuring lender documents are returned in required timeframe
- Preparing and processing utility and HOA transfer packages
- Preparing county-specific intake forms for recording
- Submitting documents for recording (e-recording and traditional) quickly and accurately
- Processing recording rejections and resubmissions in a timely manner
- Assisting internal Compliance department with any post closing related audit details at the file level
- Additional customer service duties include:
- Anticipating customer needs and resolving escalations in a professional, efficient manner in collaboration with escrow colleagues
- Providing status updates on the transaction throughout the post closing and recording process to internal and external parties as needed
What skills and experience do you need?
- 1+ years of post closing and/or recording experience (CA preferred)
- Coachable and willing to learn and grow
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using ResWare and Simplifile preferred
- Thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Have extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Are comfortable working within company stated SLA’s.
- Have excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Able to quickly pick up how to use new tools and software
- Own your ability to deliver excellent, error-free service throughout the post closing and recording process.
- Passion for multitasking and context-switching
- Are comfortable with constant change and process improvement
- Must be a "Local" candidate with the expectation of working full time in our Irvine, CA office