Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the role
The Business Operations Data Analyst (“analyst”) will use their data analysis intuition to analyze complex systems data, creating data visualizations and inferring key operational and strategic insights for the Business Operations Team. They will be excited to learn the title and escrow process inside and out. They will master how to take raw title and escrow production system output and transform it into meaningful dashboards in Looker. The analyst will independently design their analytical process from start to finish, managing stakeholder expectations and communicating roadblocks proactively. They will self-regulate their analytical processes, keeping a keen eye out for any discrepancies, peculiarities, or potential errors in raw data or analysis. Ultimately, the analyst will contextualize their work by making strategic and operational recommendations across a diverse set of Business Operations initiatives. The analyst will work remotely and report to the Analytics Manager of Business Operations with mentorship opportunities from the Data Science team.
You are fired up to:
- Use your raw data analysis intuition to revolutionize a 150 year old industry.
- Partner with company executives and management to implement, track and action on metrics that drive positive change.
- Become an expert in the real estate transaction value chain.
- Play a key role in decision making across multiple business units through rapid delivery of insights.
- Collaborate with data scientists and data engineers to develop business intelligence tools and further a culture of data-driven decision making.
- Wisdom equivalent to:
- 1-2 years contributing to data analytics, business intelligence, or data science projects, ideally across a variety of professional contexts (e.g. start-ups and large companies, or consumer- and business-facing applications)
- Ability to write complex SQL joins in your sleep
- Excellent data visualization abilities, specifically in Looker
- Strong opinions, loosely held, about all things data
- Love for multitasking
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- High level of comfort with constant change and process improvement
- High level of comfort serving as the ‘go-to’ analytical expert on a non-technical team
- Constant learning and personal and professional development
- Product- and business-minded pragmatism
- Robust, auditable, and automatically-tested logic and decisioning fit for financial services
- Technical professionalism: maintainable, readable, extensible design and implementation
- Collaboration with - and inclusion of - a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission. We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.