Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
As our Technical Co-Founder, you will be a get-your-hands dirty leader in building Doma’s inaugural customer-facing product—an industry-changing home services offering. You are excited by the challenge to grow an incubated business in the larger Doma family. You will mastermind and own our product roadmap, beginning with building out our MVP and V1 web interface and IOS/Android platforms. You will design, recruit, and lead Doma’s product, engineering, and data science teams. You will collaborate like a champ with our GM, Chief of Staff, and the rest of the ground-floor team. Success will be measured by your ability to bring a top-notch, sticky, and most important of all, scalable product to market in 2022.
- Jump both feet first into early-stages product development process
- Validate technical feasibility and implementation timelines
- Creatively sleuth out the best data sources to inform and build our product
- Design an ambitious, but achievable product roadmap
- Pitch the product to Doma leadership alongside your co-founding team
- Hire our core tech team (Product, Engineering, Data Science)
- Build a thoughtful MVP that will scale with minimal technical debt
- Test and refine MVP to get to a market ready V1 release
- Work with our regulatory counsel to ensure that all technical processes adhere to banking, lending and network requirements
- Integrate partnerships and existing technology where necessary
- Advise your fellow leadership on required technical capabilities and be comfortable communicating with stakeholders, early customers, and investors
- Grow & Scale
- Use stakeholders’ feedback and early adopters to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Continue manifesting our roadmap, introducing tested, customer-obsessed products
- Advise product marketing and go-to-market strategy
- Build a communication and workflow process that enables efficient, organized product development
- Create a communication system and workflow process within the tech team
- Set aggressive timelines and proactively manage to them, providing constant visibility to your co-founding team and Doma leadership
- Define and track your team’s budget, KPIs, and progress
Required Skills & Experience
You must be excited to take on a high-risk, high-reward opportunity and a willingness to adopt the mantra, ‘I want it more than I fear it’
- Work Experience
- 5+ years of ‘building’ experience as an engineer, data scientist, or product manager
- 2-5+ years of leading a technical team
- Experience in a startup or growth environment
- Experience sourcing, interviewing, testing, and hiring a results-producing team
- Skills & Interests
- Experience to operate independently & problem solve without a supporting team
- Experience building software in a quick, iterative fashion. Not afraid to try new things, adapt/pivot when necessary, or throw it all away and start over
- Experience with architecting, setting up & running SQL databases
- Experience with hosting on AWS - EC2, S3 etc. & running devOps for their own application
- Experience working with Project & Issue Management platforms like JIRA, Asana or similar, to organize & track progress, define milestones
- Experience as a solo engineer or a technical founder
- Experience making strategic and/or tactical engineering decisions with incomplete information
- Be humble
- Be honest
- Be respectful
- Be motivated (intrinsically and by both success and failure)
- Be analytical
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Be accountable, for yourself and others
- Opportunity for significant equity ownership (PSU structure; high risk, high reward)
- Competitive compensation
- Market competitive health insurance and benefits