Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
- Examining title searches identifying and satisfying all title requirements
- Performing all required title and curative duties with confidence and professionalism such as:
- Reviewing search packages from vendors within company SLA’s
- Identify curative issues on files and methods for resolution
- Confirming legal vesting and signing authority
- Preparing accurate title commitment package based on state-specific guidelines
- Running additional searches as need be, including Bankruptcy, Pace lien, and Patriot Act searches
- Ordering escalated payoffs as needed
- Reviewing internal and external title documents such as lien payoffs, entity and trust documents, and POAs
- Reviewing for curative complete status
- Performing additional curative work as needed
- Preparing deeds or processing deed orders to external vendor
- Processing lender title orders and identifying applicable policy endorsements
- Liaising with underwriting counsel on escalated matters
- Additional customer service duties include:
- Anticipating customer needs and resolving customer escalations in a professional, efficient manner
- Providing clear status updates on the transaction throughout the closing process to appropriate parties (internal and external) as needed
- 3+ year title and/or curative experience (CA preferred)
- Prior experience in title and escrow, mortgage processing, or related field.
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Love for multitasking
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills Knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, and legal documents is required
- Comfortable with constant change and process improvement
- Proven customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player under pressure
- Proficient computer skills
- Bonus: Possession of individual title and/or escrow licenses
- Bonus: Experience processing files in ResWare