If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work for Doma.
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the world.
Doma offers solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly simpler and more efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
We’re seeking a motivated, ambitious and escrow officer to join and help support our ever-growing escrow team. You’ll be responsible for expanding our operations and conducting closing processes for real estate transactions. Applicants should demonstrate strong attention to detail and commitment to customer service. If you are looking for an exciting position with a high-performing team, and exceptional growth potential, please apply!
Escrow Officer Responsibilities
- Interact and coordinate with industry contacts such as realtors, loan officers, underwriters, brokers, buyers, and sellers
- Review title commitment, lender instructions, purchase and sale agreements to be sure the duties and responsibilities are clear to facilitate closing
- Comply with all state and federal laws governing escrow transactions and escrow accounts
- Monitor progress in compliance with all terms and conditions of purchase contracts
- Coordinate the issuance of title policies with title examiner
- Assemble and deliver closing statements to buyers, sellers, brokers, agents, and lenders
- Disburse escrow funds accurately and complete administrative tasks such as reporting
Escrow Officer Qualifications
- Must possess a following/book of business consisting of $35-$40K/month in qualified sales volume
- Prefer college degree or equivalent work experience – high school diploma required
- 3+ years of real estate closing escrow transactions experience with residential sales, REO, refinance, short sale escrow, or commercial
- Must possess a strong understanding of real estate contracts, mortgage loans, title commitments, and title insurance
- Solid knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, the escrow process, legal documents, and real estate property law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Proficient working with escrow / title software (Softpro and/or Resware preferred)
- Escrow title agent license preferred
The base salary range for this role is $45,000-$95,000. This is the lowest to highest base salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the base salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. At Doma, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
This job is also eligible for the following compensation components: [Commissions]
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits to eligible employees: medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous vacation time, and paid bonding leave.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
How we’ll value you and make your life a bit easier:
We believe the most valuable investment we can make is to build an outstanding team of colleagues and leaders who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits to all Full-Time employees:
- Work/Life Balance - We encourage taking Paid Time Off (PTO)!
- 12 Weeks of Paid Family Bonding Leave (Maternity and Paternity)
- Incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits options to allow you to customize to you and your family’s needs that all start on your first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401K with company match program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Critical Illness, Injury and Hospital Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.