Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Senior Manager of Business Operations will be responsible for managing strategic projects and supporting operations initiatives. This person will manage projects to add new capabilities to our operations teams and will support strategic decisions with analytics support and advice based on strong understanding of the underlying data. They will be excited to work in an environment that champions initiative and problem solving. This Senior Manager must be capable of understanding and prioritizing work based on how valuable and urgent the subjects are. This person will work closely with the Director of Business Operations and the Senior Director of Operations as a thought partner and analytics expert. This role can be based anywhere in the US, working remotely, and will report to a remote manager. This is a fully remote role, with travel as necessary to our Irvine, CA office and potentially other operations centers across the country (~20%).
- Lead and own complex projects and large-scale programs
- Manage senior level relationships with internal business partners and customers
- Become a thought partner to senior level managers on the operations team
- Influence, develop, mentor junior team members
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our broader Operations Team, Product, and Engineering teams to develop and deploy operational technological solutions to areas of inefficiency.
- Conduct research and provide structured, strategic recommendations by leveraging data and insights on how to optimize our centralized and field operations in a highly regulated industry.
- Create and manage communications between centralized operations and the field with the goal of improving transparency, driving excitement, announcing new feature launches, and gathering feedback for future improvement.
- Ability to travel 20%
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (Business focus preferred)
- MBA Preferred
- 7-9 years of relevant experience
- Work experience (one or more of): Consulting, Project Management, Program Management, Business Operations
- Preferred certifications: PMP, Agile
Core Competencies of Role
- 7-9 years in management consulting and/or business operations
- Passion for strategic problem solving
- Superior project management skills and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to manage senior level stakeholders and influence cross functionally
- Strong analytical chops, comfort with data and modeling
- Bias toward ownership / action
- Ability to balance multiple business process and/or analytics projects
- Comfort with constant change and process improvement
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan (thanks to Captain401)
- Wellness and commuter benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.