Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Under general supervision and direction of an Escrow Officer or Escrow Manager, prepares escrow instructions, draws or directs the drawing of documents, requests issuance of title policies and the disbursement of funds, and otherwise assists Escrow Officer, escrow principals and/or their lenders. Reconciles escrow instructions with preliminary title report or title commitment. Provides related office support as required.
- Prepares or follows escrow instructions consistent with the requirements of the parties and obtains their approval. Estimates the amount of money required to close escrow and obtains buyers' and sellers' deposits.
- Reviews preliminary title report or commitment to verify vesting and legal description.
- Compares exceptions shown in title report or commitment with buyers', sellers' and lenders' instructions for possible liens or encumbrances not authorized in escrow or lender instructions.
- Consults with Title Officer, Escrow Officer, lender and/or principals in reconciling discrepancies between instructions and title report or commitment, modifying escrow instructions or obtaining release of liens and other encumbrances as directed.
- Orders beneficiary statements or demands, for insurance policies, deeds of trust, reconveyances and other documents. Prepares or directs the preparation of authorized documents, insuring proper execution and recording of same.
- Prorates or directs the pro-ration of taxes, fire insurance, loan, brokers' commissions and other charges.
- Requests the issuance of title policies or other evidence of title.
- Escrow bookkeeping.
- Works with title department to process orders.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal Escrow Assistant
- Computer, e-mail, word processing knowledge and experience required.
- Escrow and Funding experience required.
- Real estate knowledge helpful.
- Notary Public Commission helpful
- Customer Service Skills
What Doma brings to the Table
- Benefits for Full-time Employees including: medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, as well as many other cutting edge employee options not typically found on the market
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with Giants of the industry to support your success
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.