Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Agency Education Instructor is responsible for developing content and delivering training programs and research products for title insurance agents and other professionals within the title insurance industry. The Agency Education Instructor will work under the supervision of the Vice President of Education and Content and closely with the company’s underwriting, claims and sales teams to train Doma's agents and their real estate agent customers to create powerful agent engagement. The core duty is to train title insurance agents on important industry topics that directly impact agency operations, compliance matters, claims avoidance and business growth opportunities. This position requires substantial knowledge in many areas of title insurance and the housing industry. Other duties include: the project management of training initiatives; developing a wide range of virtual and in-person course programming; and using informative tools and channels to further the company’s brand as an educator in the marketplace. Training would be delivered through webinars, seminars, conferences, roundtable discussions, videos, written materials, in-person meetings and multi-media presentations.
- Bachelor's degree
- Juris Doctorate degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience as a title insurance, real estate or mortgage professional
- 3-5 years of experience in compliance training, educational programming or operations training in the title insurance, real estate, mortgage or housing industry
- 3-5 years as a speaker/presenter/trainer
- Solid understanding of title insurance, including but not limited to underwriting matters, claims, federal and state regulations and legislation, industry best practices, and operational efficiencies and compliance.
- Sound understanding of professional training and delivering presentations.
- Sound understanding of educational programming and research principles.
- Sound understanding of interviewing and collaborating with other subject matter experts for speaking engagements and content.
- Solid understanding of the title insurance, real estate, mortgage lending and settlement services industries.
- Sound understanding of education, research and distribution technologies and how to apply them in the best manner for user interaction and engagement.
- Understanding of the latest seminar and webinar technologies.
- Effective public speaker and presenter.
- Excellent PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to present material to title insurance professionals in-person and with webinar/online meeting platforms.
- Excellent project management
- Ability to confidently represent company in front of audiences.
- Excellent presentation-building skills and should be able to rework technical content for a wide
- Excellent working relationships to attain
- Be self-motivated, confident, energetic and
- Be able to deliver creative and innovative thoughts.
- Ability to lead presentation and research projects from concept to
- Ability to make evaluative
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Ability to manage multiple projects and develop strategic plans for educational programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
The following duties are typical of those performed by associates in this job title; however, assigned duties may vary, associates may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each associate in the job title or at a particular location. Please refer to North American’s Associate Reference Guide for information pertaining to job descriptions and development.
Under general supervision:
- Develop and present training programs for title insurance agents.
- Develop and present training programs for real estate agents.
- Write and maintain educational content for presentations.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations, handouts and other materials for training sessions.
- Work closely with the company’s education, underwriting, claims and sales teams to provide education to customers and our customers’ customers.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to provide title insurance agent training.
- Provide regular updates to team members on attendance goals and other tracking measurements.
- Work within established project management system for documenting and tracking project
- Draft course briefs of offerings for postings on social media and email communications.
- Develop and follow pre-production, production and post-production checklists for training sessions.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Other duties as assigned by direct
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.