Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the role
The Senior Service Strategy - Title & Escrow Specialist will be responsible for supporting operations and providing title and escrow expertise. They will be excited to join the ‘title and escrow company of the future,’ furthering the mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for homebuyers, real estate agents, and lenders. This person will be instrumental in carrying out a diverse range of projects related to improving a centralized operations function. This person will be excited and energized to frequently take on new challenges, learn new processes, and forge new cross-functional relationships. They will collaborate with their fellow Service Strategy teammates and the wider Operations team to create an efficient, enjoyable work environment. They will provide invaluable title/escrow expertise to the larger organization, including the Product, Application Support, Marketing, and Legal & Compliance teams. Once allowed, they will have moderate travel to States Title’s state of the art operations center in Irvine, CA and eventually, future operations centers across the country. This role can be based anywhere in the US, working remotely, and will report to a remote manager.
What will you be doing?
- Make an immediate impact on a national scale by solving complex, cross-functional problems and driving solutions through implementation.
- Provide in-depth and comprehensive title and escrow expertise to multiple functions and audiences across the company
- Proactively review the health of the operation(s) and partner with stakeholders on consistent improvements and solutioning
- Collaborate with director of operations, managers of the operations and the technical teams to craft and implement new or revised operational processes
- Lend title and escrow knowledge as well as operational experience to the business operations team when entering new geographies or providing clients new products
- Conduct research and provide structured, strategic recommendations by leveraging title and escrow operational knowledge and experience in order to optimize service provided to clients
- Collaborate with our broader Operations Team, Product, and Engineering teams to develop and deploy operational solutions to areas of inefficiency.
- Lead or participate in multitudes of projects covering wide range of topics and desired outcomes
What skills and experience do you need?
- 7+ years in national title/escrow operations
- Passion for process improvement, ability to structure complex processes and clearly identify the key issues
- Extensive title and escrow knowledge with an emphasis on change and future state of the industry
- Proven ability to work with various stakeholders
- Strong operational process experience
- Bias toward ownership / action
- Comfort with constant change and process improvement
- Takes initiative, wants ownership
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan (thanks to Captain401)
- Wellness and commuter benefits