Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
What we’re looking for in a candidate
We're looking for someone who is thrilled by the prospect of developing machine learning products that will have a transformative impact on the real estate industry. This is a unique opportunity to work on some of the core machine learning products in a company that is built around machine intelligence. On our team, you will serve as a go-to person for engineering best-practices, and for developing and improving our model training plus feature engineering pipelines.
Our team works on a variety of exciting problems, including our patented instant underwriting model, on which the company was founded. Our team is always evaluating new products and projects, so there is never a dull moment!
You are excited to:
- Help build out our model training and deployment infrastructure in order to allow our team to rapidly develop new models and iterate on existing models
- Develop extensive testing around high-priority models, to provide guarantees about model behavior in production
- Serve as an expert on topics such as writing performant python code and model governance
- Contribute to the development of new models in support of exciting company-wide initiatives
What you’ll be working on:
- You will help develop and improve the infrastructure used for building and deploying the core machine learning models used by the Underwriting & Risk team
- You will improve our pipelines for data ingestion and feature engineering to provide guarantees about model behavior being perfectly aligned between training and production
- You will help build the next generation of models used by our team, as Doma expands its product suite
- You will provide support on model governance, including developing tools for tracking model and feature behavior / drift in live production models
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience writing production code for machine learning models
- You have extensive expertise in Python, SQL, Docker, etc.
- You have strong fundamental knowledge of core programming concepts, including object-oriented programming, unit testing, etc.
- You understand fundamental data science concepts, and have experience with common tooling and packages used for machine learning
- Experience in the domains of risk, credit, insurance, and/or financial forecasting is a plus