Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Join a fast-growing company, with significant opportunity to help teach your peers and colleagues, while learning from a team of great designers, researchers, and product leaders. We expect to learn a lot from each other in our collaborative culture.
This role will be remote for the foreseeable future with teammates across the continental United States.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
What You’ll Do
This is an exciting opportunity for a Design System Lead to establish a design system aimed at unifying and accelerating product design and development. You’ll collaborate with design, product, and engineering partners to identify priority design and software patterns that better product user experiences. The Design System Lead bridges disciplines and continuously seeks opportunities to deliver the best user experience for both Doma designers, developers, and Doma’s end users.
You’ll lead a multi-disciplinary team of like-minded systems thinkers and doers to set high standards for usability, accessibility, and beauty throughout the company. You’ll bring your enthusiasm for human-centered design, precision UI engineering, scalable systems to improve all Doma products.
- 5+ years of experience designing digital products, services, and experiences for web and mobile
- 3+ years of experience working on design systems for complex digital products and services
- 2+ years of team leadership and people management
- Track record of working across multiple product areas forging and maintaining relationships across the organization and connecting different workstreams into a unified system.
- Comfortable communicating to diverse audiences including senior leadership, product management, engineering, and user experience professionals.
- Experience designing or developing large and complex SaaS or consumer product platforms
- Proven systems-oriented thinker capable of synthesizing multiple use cases into a workable design that also results in a sensible developer experience
- Strong technical understanding and experience coaching designers and developers to apply design systems
- Knowledge of Accessibility (WCAG Compliance) standards
- Experience performance managing a multi-disciplinary team to meet personal career goals alongside business goals
- Ability to create a compelling vision and strategy that motivates teams
- Excellent visual and interaction design UX skills with emphasis on responsive web design
Additional preferred skills
- Strong collaboration skills focused on guiding design systems contributions to meet a common standard while encouraging innovation
- Agile product ownership including backlog creation and prioritization of epics and stories; release management; product roadmap development; team planning activities
- Ability to develop, track, and steer objectives and key results for the design system program
- Basic research skills including interviewing, survey design, and survey results processing
- Values, and pays attention to, clear, concise, precise, technical writing
- Proficiency in designing and creating shared reusable libraries in Figma
- Professionally trained, with a degree in human-computer Interaction, software engineering, UX Research, product management, or equivalent experience.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!