Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Get to know Doma
At Doma we impact 90% of real estate transactions in the U.S. Today, the company conducts real estate settlement services in 39 states and the District of Columbia through a network of experienced, independent and affiliated agents.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the timely reconciliation of monthly remittances of title policy reports and payments received from NATIC Agents in multiple states in the NEXUS policy management system (PMS).
- Reviews, enters and reconciles policy data and payments against the agent’s policy report and remittance batch in order to ensure agent has correctly calculated and applied applicable premium rates.
- Documents exception issues both on internal agent reports and in the appropriate area within the NEXUS to ensure account receivable balances are flagged in the system and reported on the agents monthly premium billing statement.
- Understands premium rate manuals and can correctly apply premium rate calculations for multiple states.
- Works with Agency Relationship Managers (ARM) to report unreconcilable policies and continually follows up with ARM to obtain corrections.
- Reviews assigned agent accounts’ error reports monthly to continue to correct and adjust policy reporting/billing errors.
- Provides support to manager, team leads and agents upon request to research and correct billing issues.
- Prepares premium adjustments and refunds in a timely manner as soon as issue is discovered.
- Properly saves all remittance documentation in each agent’s file to provide for a complete and accurate audit trail of agent remittance data.
- Continually updates knowledge on new rate filings, process guidelines and agent and/or state specific procedures.
- Meets monthly policy processing goals as assigned by management.
- Performs additional work and projects as assigned by management.
What you should bring to the table:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written business correspondence in a clear and concise manner to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Math aptitude.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experience in accounting, banking or insurance fields preferred.
- Experience in customer service, clerical or administrative support work.
- Title insurance background preferred.
- Type 50 wpm.
- Must be proficient in 10-key calculator.
- Computer data entry experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
What Doma brings to the Table:
- Benefits for Full-time Employees include medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, as well as many other cutting-edge employee options not typically found in market
- Remote work friendly environment
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with giants of the industry to support your success
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin