Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the role
Title Operations Manager will be responsible for scaling and growing concierge, title and recording departments across our Local Refi offerings, with the goal to deliver measurably exceptional ‘white glove’ customer service. The Manager hire and lead the 3 departments and be accountable for their department’s ability to handle all incoming communication, treat urgent requests and errors with the highest priority, and lead the charge making customer-driven changes throughout the business. They will develop efficient and well-documented processes and own continuous process improvement driven by performance metrics. They will inspire their team to create a delightful customer experience, furthering the Doma mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for homebuyers, real estate agents, and lenders. They will be excited to join the ‘title and escrow company of the future.’ They will coach and grow their team and introduce an enforce data-driven management and goal setting. They will drive their team to quickly and seamlessly adopt innovative technology that will ensure a delightful customer experience. They will collaborate with account management function to proactively meet customer needs and provide a delightful title and escrow experience. They will collaborate with their fellow Operations Managers and Director to create an efficient, enjoyable work environment. They will provide invaluable operational expertise to the larger organization, including the Product, Business Operations, and Application Support teams. They will be based in our state-of-the-art Operations Hub in Irvine, CA.
What will you be doing?
- Create team operating, management, and performance norms and review cadence
- Own team staffing and scheduling, meeting month-over-month capacity goals
- Successfully onboard new associates and customers, ensuring that your team gets up to speed quickly and is delivering on customer-specific expectations
- Own your team’s ability to deliver excellent, error-free service in the customer service experience. Constantly measure your team’s progress and ensure their success against key metrics. Create and drive clear solutions to address performance challenges.
- Search constantly for strategic and operational improvements to your team’s processes, structure, and culture and drive these improvements through to solution. Document and formalize these processes to create clear sources of truth and easy-to-follow procedures
- Ensure SLAs are met for title commitment/prelim delivery, recording submissions, email and phone communications
Inspire & Coach
Manage team supervisors, monitoring and developing their performance and coaching them on best practices for:
- Serving as the first point of contact for all customers
- Providing superior service
- Advocating for customers
- Providing transaction support to title and recording associates.
- Support with file-level concerns when issues are escalated to management
- Lead team with data-driven approach, leveraging internal performance metrics (e.g., SLA-adherence, file quality, customer communication volume and topics, etc.) and customer health metrics (e.g., communication volume, order volume, etc.)
Collaborate & Contribute
- Forge excellent relationships with fellow Operations Managers
- Collaborate closely with the People Team to hone a scalable associate interview process and develop a consistent, healthy hiring pipeline
- Provide invaluable operational expertise to the larger organization, including the Account Management, Product, Business Operations, and Learning and Development
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years title, curative, and escrow operations experience; 3+ years in a customer service position; 3+ years in a leadership position
- Proven mastery of title, curative, closing, and post-closing requirements, including state-specific nuances. Proficiency in Resware a plus!
- Ability to:
- Inspire and coach a team to perform at near-maximum capacity
- Execute operational improvements quickly and efficiently based on performance metrics
- Make metrics-driven recommendations and decisions
- Foster a fast-paced, metrics-driven, high-performance work environment
- Navigate and interpret team performance dashboards
- Contingency plan calmly and efficiently as necessary
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as both a team player and leader
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Passion for multitasking and context-switching
- Comfort with constant change and process improvement
- Highly proficient computer skills and open to learning new software/ programs often
- Bonus: Possession of individual title and/or escrow licenses