Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
We are looking for a versatile Senior Staff Software Engineer with deep experience in defining architecture and technology strategy, driving complex product roadmaps that align with business requirements, providing technical leadership, and mentoring other engineers. The ideal candidate would have previous experience building highly reliable backend applications for large enterprises and a proven track record of building APIs and services.
If you are passionate about leveraging technology to revolutionize the real estate industry and remove the friction and frustration in the home closing experience, then this role is for you!
- 12+ years of experience in product design and architectural leadership for enterprise facing engineering teams
- Led architecture strategy across multiple complex business domains, mentored engineers at all levels, worked with engineering operations to ensure that systems meet reliability, quality, and performance goals
- Experience designing and building for cloud environments (AWS, Azure, or GCP), preferably on Kubernetes and cloud native architectures
- Strong innovation acumen, experience providing technical leadership, defining architecture best practices, and working with Engineering and Product leadership across the organization to meet business needs
- Served as a technical resource and mentor for engineers not only within your team but across the broader engineering organization, giving clear and actionable feedback to help with their growth
- Experience influencing multiple teams, building processes, tools, and systems that support organizational growth and efficiency
- Product and business-minded pragmatism
- Attention to detail and focus on quality over quantity
- Creative and practical approaches to architecting software systems
- Collaboration with - and inclusion of - a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
- A people-focused culture built on transparency, collaboration, empathy, and feedback
- Leadership as an essential skill at all levels of the organization
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.