Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
This role will be remote, accepting locations in the contiguous US.
Please include work samples or links to an online portfolio in addition to your resume. Submissions without sample work included will not be considered.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
This is an exciting opportunity for an entry to mid-level user experience designer. The role is with a small, but growing team. At this time, the design and research team is about 11 people. It’s an opportunity to join a growing public company and learn from a seasoned set of designers, researchers, and design managers. We expect to learn a lot from each other in our collaborative culture. The major initiatives you will work on include designing and prototyping new web experiences, iterate on end-to-end flows, and contribute to the discovery, ideation, and research phases alongside our Product and Engineering counterparts.
- 2+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
- Bachelor degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Proficient in Figma or Sketch or similar UX specification-making application
- A systems-oriented thinker
- Enjoys problem solving
- Incredibly organized
- Ability to work autonomously as well as on a close-knit team
- Excited about the intellectual challenge of simplifying highly technical problems in elegantly simple ways
- Collaborative and thoughtful team player with low ego
- Extra points:
- +1 Master's degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- +1 Some experience creating and maintaining design systems in Figma
- +10! Knowledge of the Title and Escrow industry
What You’ll Be Doing
- Use a variety of design tools, methods, and processes to communicate design ideas at every phase of product development
- Create wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, UI specifications, and models to communicate design thinking to senior leadership, engineering, and product partners
- Collaborate with partner-stakeholders (product managers, developers, other designers, etc.), leading design’s focus on both design quality and the people whom we serve through an iterative process
- Drive product usability, accessibility, and responsiveness through design execution
- Work with our research team to uncover insights
- Convert insights into clearly framed problem statements, models, personas, and workflows
- Apply and evolve our design system into interfaces
- Demonstrate familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Take complicated workflows and make them elegant.
- Keep up with competitor products and industry trends
- Keep up with the latest thinking on UX/UI trends and be ready to apply them or share with the team and see if it works with your current projects.