Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
We are looking for a Chief Business Officer who will play a key role in the success of Doma’s corporate and business development efforts. The Chief Business Officer will be a major contributor in the strategic development and shaping the success of the company. In this role, you will work closely with the CEO, leadership team and the Board of Directors to drive all business aspects to further the evolution of the company. You will have responsibility for both the Business Development and Corporate Development/M&A functions at Doma.
- Work closely with the CEO and members of the leadership team and Board of Directors to define corporate vision and strategy for short- and long-range planning.
- Seek opportunities to create and construct business partnerships/collaborations, merger and acquisition opportunities, joint venture or other structures that support the achievement of the organization’s strategic initiatives.
- Define and communicate the ideal deal/asset profile in order to maximize Doma’s competitive advantage in the market.
- Translate strategic C-suite goals into a tangible working reality; proactively share and discuss strategic options (e.g., organic growth, M&A)
- Develop and execute the analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, new product and/or service launches, partnerships, etc.)
- Set up appropriate performance targets, measure progress, and report to Leadership on the overall corporate strategy and business development results
- Measure the impact of new business and partnerships to ensure on-the-ground results are in sync with the desired results
- Identify synergies within operations to enhance the entire portfolio
- Challenging C-suite and CEO opinions, while also being a trusted advisor
- Participate in Board meetings and in organizational budgeting process
- Set up appropriate organizational structures by innovating existing business model and linking market developments back to operations
- Monitor competitive intelligence by keeping up to date on market trends, competitors and opportunities
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where you have an opportunity to create something new and exciting
- BS/BA in relevant field required (PhD/MBA preferred)
- Corporate strategy and transactional business development experience required
- 10+ years of experience, of which the last 3-5 years in a relevant senior leadership role
- 3+ years investment banking, strategic consulting, or related experience preferred
- Deal / track record of successful identification, diligence and closing of opportunities
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, with strong abilities in relationship management
- Strategic and innovative thinker with broad business experience who naturally thinks “BIG”
- Experience working and thriving in the dynamics of a start-up
- Excellent leadership skills, with strong judgment and decision-making capabilities
- Strong desire to work both strategically and hands-on in a committed and dedicated team
- Solution oriented individual with both high integrity and entrepreneurial mind-set
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.