Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About The Role
Doma is seeking a highly intelligent, self-motivated, and creative communications professional to join our external communications team. As a Sr. PR Manager, you will be the engine that helps the external communications team deliver value for the business. You have excellent communications skills, you write beautifully and effectively, you have exceptional initiative, and you love to collaborate with colleagues. You have a track record of delivering high quality results, sometimes under tight deadlines. Creativity and flexibility describe you well, and you can jump in where needed and wear many hats. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Communications (yet to start with the company, so interim will be reporting to the VP of Corporate Marketing, dependent on timing).
- Work with your external communications team members to develop strategic media engagement and execution strategies that elevate Doma’s relationship with key business, technology, and trade media and tell the story of how Doma is architecting the future of real estate transactions
- Manage the execution of communications plans from start to finish, including agency partner involvement
- Develop, draft, and manage approvals for news releases, media advisories, fact sheets, executive media briefings, and related media materials
- Coordinate and drive PR activities including: speaking, awards, and media outreach
- Manage inbound media inquiries
- Build and maintain relationships with key business, tech, and trade media - both national and local
- Research and integrate industry news, trends, and compelling angles into PR programs; ensure that internal leadership is aware of short and long term challenges and opportunities
- Liaise with Doma’s PR agency and Investor Relations partner
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product marketing, demand generation, events, Local and Enterprise sales, data science, engineering, product, and Underwriting teams to develop strategic messaging for PR campaigns
- Track, analyze, and communicate PR results
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of public relations experience engaging directly with media and clients (whether in-house or external)
- An exceptional understanding of the general media landscape today, as well as established and emerging social media platforms
- Comfort working with senior leadership and executives on all things PR
- Exemplary written and oral communications skills
- The ability to think and communicate clearly – you must be able to turn a complex idea into a concise and well-written narrative that your audiences want to read
- Excellent project management skills, and the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- The ability to deliver consistently awesome results in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- A creative and effective approach to difficult communications challenges
- An ever-present drive to be a self-starter but also a team player – you’re willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done, but you’re not just waiting around for someone to tell you what to do
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in both a startup environment and for a public company
- Bachelor's degree in communications or a related field
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.