Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About The Role
Doma is seeking an executive communications professional to join our external communications team. The Sr. PR Manager, Thought Leadership will be responsible for establishing our executive thought leadership position across content verticals such as technology, machine learning/artificial intelligence, real estate, and more. You will own the thought leadership press strategy and coverage, support influencer recommendations, and serve as a strategic counsel to senior leaders.You’ll also work closely with social media and other marketing channel owners to increase message amplification.This position will report to the Sr. Director, Communications (yet to start with the company, so interim will be reporting to the VP of Corporate Marketing, dependent on timing).
- Define who our thought leaders are and develop a strategy to elevate their profiles and expertise as leaders at Doma. This will include people who are thought leaders at the company today but also defining and developing the next set of thought leaders.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our brand positioning and messaging and help create thought leadership strategies that enable us to deliver key messages to relevant media and customer audiences.
- Develop, build, and maintain strong relationships with thought leadership press contacts and industry influencers and stakeholders.
- Work with the PR team and thought leaders to outline each thought leader’s narrative; draft and coordinate the placement of written thought leadership pieces, including op-eds, blog posts, articles, quotes, and speaking opportunities.
- Develop external speaking briefs and scripts for Doma’s thought leaders, from key notes to panel discussions, to podcasts, and everything in-between.
- Work with Doma’s social media leader and other internal marketing channel owners (organic and paid) to amplify thought leadership messaging.
- Collaborate closely with our data science, product, and engineering teams to surface trends or innovations and elevate their effort into industry-leading, data-driven, engaging storytelling.
- Develop a deep understanding of the overall real estate and title market; identify trends and work with Doma’s Local teams to create narratives that speak to our real estate agent audience.
- Own Doma’s Writing on the Wall blog (our corporate blog), including writing content directly (or on behalf of our thought leaders) where it makes sense.
- Establish success measures and metrics to continually refine and evolve programs for optimal results and outcomes, and regularly report on progress.
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of PR, journalism, communications, corporate communications or related field (agency experience and/or in-house experience in identifying and securing thought leadership opportunities a plus)
- The ability to deliver consistently awesome results in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and presentation skills
- Comfort working with senior leadership and executives on all things PR
- The ability to think and communicate clearly – you must be able to turn a complex idea into a concise and well-written narrative that your audiences want to read
- A high level of professionalism and the ability to consistently exercise good judgment
- Experience working closely with executives and developing thought leadership platforms
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- An ever-present drive to be a self-starter but also a team player – you’re willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done, but you’re not just waiting around for someone to tell you what to do
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.