Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
In accordance with company objectives and guidelines, reporting practices, controls and procedures which conform to accepted accounting principles and reflects operating costs, budgets and profitability, this role will be responsible for tasks including, but not limited to, the preparation of monthly journal entries, reconciliations, financial analysis, operational and business analysis and the participation with cross-functional teams on special projects, etc.
Education, Licenses and Certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting required
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Minimum three years accounting experience.
- External reporting experience required.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong financial analysis experience.
- Insurance Statutory (STAT) accounting experience helpful.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of Insurance Statutory (STAT) accounting helpful.
- Experience with ERP Accounting solutions, NetSuite experience preferred.
- Strong Excel skills with array formulas, macros, PIVOT tables and other advanced functions.
- Smartview experience helpful.
- Blackline experience helpful.
- Clearwater asset custodian reporting experience helpful.
- Ability to quickly learn the company's procedures, policies and practices.
- Ability to understand general and complex accounting operations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, integrity and ethics.
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally, and skillfully with other associates and management.
- Ability to exercise initiative within the guidelines of the position.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid and accurate math and accounting skills are essential.
- Detail oriented.
- Creative, and able to find automated solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
The following duties are typical of those performed by associates in this job title; however, assigned duties may vary and associates may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each associate in the job title or at a particular location.
Under general supervision:
- Utilizes generally accepted accounting principles (U.S. GAAP).
- Conversion of GAAP financials to Insurance Statutory (STAT) financials.
- Preparation of Tax Provisions under STAT to Tax Basis.
- Statistical Reporting to multiple state departments of insurance.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Produces regular and requested financial and/or management reports.
- Assists in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and/or support.
- Preparation of operational and business analysis.
- Works with cross-functional teams on special projects.
- Assistance with external and internal audits.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.