Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the Role
Doma is now seeking a Senior Associate, Lead Financial Officer to join our team at an exciting and pivotal moment for us, as we recently became a public company in July 2021. Reporting directly to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, the successful candidate will serve as the liaison between Finance and the newly established Home Warranty & Appraisal businesses, as well as our Corporate Support functions.
The role, which has direct and consistent exposure to the executive leadership team, will require someone with a proven track record of success in FP&A roles of increasing prominence and responsibility. He/she will help build and support a new business unit, establish key metrics, and work alongside various teams such as operations, sales, claims, and corporate development to help drive the future success of the company.
An ideal candidate is someone who is a self-starter, enjoys interacting with others, and is motivated to build the foundation for an industry-disrupting organization that will outlast them. The role will require comfort with a significant degree of ambiguity, but the right candidate will be able to proactively identify what is needed for the business to succeed, and he/she will develop and provide solutions.
- Maintain, enhance, and build monthly reporting processes and presentations
- Analysis of financial data and business results (profit loss accounts, financial statements, working capital, expenses, revenues, rates of return, etc.) to determine present and future financial performance.
- Evaluation and modelling of financial transactions and corporate development activities
- Analysis of external economic conditions and their impact on business operations (e.g., inflation, interest rates, exchange rates, economic changes)
- Develop, interpret, and implement financial concepts for planning and control
- Build budgets / forecasts and attend periodic reviews with business partners
- Set short- and long-term financial targets, and provide reliable tracking reports to field employees
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support across a wide-breadth of Finance-related requests
- Contribute to the structural development of a growing organization through best-practice financial management ideas and the introduction of financial metrics and concepts into common parlance
- Participate in leadership financial meetings/reviews
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of Finance experience, preferably in FP&A and/or Lead Financial Officer roles
- Prior background working in an organization with a highly regarded finance team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Financial Services and/or Technology industries is a plus, as well as a high-pace, hyper-growth company
- Expertise in financial modeling and presentation
- Confident and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills; high EQ
- High capacity for dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems
- Ability to think strategically, but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done
- An undergraduate degree is required, with a focus in Finance or a related field. MBA is a plus.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.