Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
This role will be remote for the foreseeable future with teammates across the continental United States.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
This is an exciting opportunity for a mid-level user researcher. The role is with a growing team - right now, our design and research group is 11 people, with 3 full-time user researchers. It’s a chance to join a fast-growing company, with significant opportunity to help teach your peers and colleagues, while learning from a team of great designers, researchers, and product leaders. We expect to learn a lot from each other in our collaborative culture.
The major initiatives you might work on include: supporting research for our existing product for the title industry, helping to identify new product and business opportunities, and helping to further develop our research best practices and operations.
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a user experience researcher or similar role
What's relevant or preferred? Any of the following:
- Fintech: you've worked with credit, money-management, real estate, or insurance products
- Large and complex SaaS or consumer product platforms
- Title: you’ve worked with a customer-facing or escrow-officer-facing software system
Ideally, you are:
- Passionate about finding answers to the most challenging questions in the product design lifecycle.
- Excited to work with a cross-functional team to help identify and prioritize product recommendations based on your research.
- Skilled in conducting qualitative research to uncover user insights.
- Interest or expertise with data in user research, including survey design, A/B Test analysis, and other quantitative methodologies.
- Endlessly curious about human behavior, and how this understanding can lead to successful products for our users.
- An excellent communicator with demonstrable skills in synthesizing and summarizing information, including the ability to communicate the impact of your research.
- A born facilitator eager to facilitate ideation sessions and run findings workshops.
- A team player that will thrive in a collaborative, remote environment.
- Looking for a fun, highly engaged team to collaborate with, contribute to and learn from.
- Professionally trained, with a degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, UX Research or related field, or equivalent experience.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!