Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Recording Supervisor - Title Only is a highly motivated and passionate leader that is ready to work daily with associates to help them deliver an accurate, high quality experience. They do so by owning and leading their team to prepare and submit documents for recording as well as issuing the policy. This leader will be skilled at also participating in any efforts to improve and simplify the end-to-end Title & Escrow process when and if any errors are identified. This is a critical role that requires patience and diligence to solve complex issues and have a desire to help other departments improve through regularly sharing insights and providing coaching to peers and other associates where needed. As a Supervisor, they will also be the owners of many administrative duties where attention to detail and identifying trends will be critical to the success of our company.
- Directly responsible for SLAs of ensuring recordings are submitted and confirmed on time
- Process owner for the steps necessary to prepare, submit, record and fix any recording issues
- Directly supervise a team of up to 20 associates including all administrative duties of time cards and employee performance reviews
- Manage and maintain agreements with recording partners/vendors
- Drive targeted coaching through quantitative and qualitative trends for associates
- Conduct regular 1:1s and team meetings with all associates while maintaining individual action plans and in support of individual development plans
- Keeping Sr Manager apprised of all aspects of associate performance against goals
- Provide training support as needed for new start classes and ad hoc training sessions
- Be a voice and advocate for the company, culture, while striving daily to create a great place to work
- Lead team with data-driven approach, leveraging internal performance metrics (e.g., SLA-adherence, file quality, customer communication volume and topics, etc.) and customer health metrics (e.g., communication volume, order volume, etc.)
Foster a team experience that manifests the States Title cultural values:
- Have fun! Create encouraging team incentives and promote team cohesion and trust
- Forge excellent relationships with fellow Operations leaders
- Collaborate effectively with all stakeholders internally and externally outside of the department
- 2+ years in a leadership position preferred
- Proven mastery of title involving Recording and policy, curative, closing, and post-closing requirements, including state-specific nuances.
- Proficiency in Simplifile and Resware a plus!
- Inspire and coach a team to perform at near-maximum capacity
- Mentor and encourage cross training to help the teams grow and understand the work on a higher level
- Experience leading virtually with ability to work independently, establish priorities and demonstrate good judgment
- Execute operational improvements quickly and efficiently based on performance metrics
- Make metrics-driven recommendations and decisions
- Foster a fast-paced, metrics-driven, high-performance work environment
- Navigate and interpret team performance dashboards
- Contingency plan calmly and efficiently as necessary
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as both a team player and leader
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Passion for multitasking and context-switching
- Comfort with constant change and process improvement
- Highly proficient computer skills and open to learning new software/ programs often
- Bonus: Possession of individual title and/or escrow licenses