Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entry-mid-level user experience designer. The role is with a small, but growing team. At this time, the design and research team is about 8 people, with 3 full-time senior designers and one design manager. It’s an opportunity to join a growing company and learn from a seasoned set of designers, researchers, and design managers. We expect to learn a lot from each other in our collaborative culture. The major initiatives you will work on include updating and evolving our design system, assisting with production work on a handful of products, and contributing to the discovery, ideation, and research phases of all products.
- 0-4 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
- Bachelor degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Proficient in Figma or Sketch or similar UX specification-making application
- A systems-oriented thinker
- Enjoys problem solving
- Incredibly organized
- Ability to work autonomously as well as on a close-knit team
- Excited about the intellectual challenge of simplifying highly technical problems in elegantly simple ways
- Collaborative and thoughtful team player with low ego
- We are only accepting candidates who have work samples (portfolio or other) and are authorized to work in the US
- Extra points:
- +1 Master's degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- +1 Some experience creating and maintaining design systems in Figma
- +10! Knowledge of the Title and Escrow industry
What You’ll Be Doing
- Use a variety of design tools, methods, and processes to communicate design ideas at every phase of product development
- Create wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, UI specifications, and models to communicate design thinking to senior leadership, engineering, and product partners
- Collaborate with partner-stakeholders (product managers, developers, other designers, etc.), leading design’s focus on both design quality and the people whom we serve through an iterative process
- Drive product usability, accessibility, and responsiveness through design execution
- Work with our research team to uncover insights
- Convert insights into clearly framed problem statements, models, personas, and workflows
- Apply and evolve our design system into interfaces
- Demonstrate familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Take complicated workflows and make them elegant.
- Keep up with competitor products and industry trends
- Keep up with the latest thinking on UX/UI trends and be ready to apply them or share with the team and see if it works with your current projects.