Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the Role
Doma is now seeking a manager of SEC financial reporting. This is a brand new role that will manage and coordinate the preparation of the SEC and GAAP financial statements and related filings. You will also assist in the research and preparation for technical accounting guidance and analysis, including the implementation of new accounting standards. You will report to the Senior Director, Financial Reporting and coordinate with both the financial reporting and accounting controllership teams.
- Prepare GAAP financial statements, footnote disclosures and relevant disclosure checklists
- Assist in the preparation of financial information included in the company's external communications, such as those for investor/analyst conferences, earnings calls, and releases
- Relentless focus on timely and accurate financial accounting and reporting, process improvement and automation
- Prepare supporting documentation related to information included in GAAP financial statements and SEC filings
- Assist in the development and maintenance of accounting policies in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare financial information for the quarterly Audit Committee and Board meetings
- Research and document technical accounting conclusions for new accounting standards, including leases, CECL, and other future standards
- Work closely with FP&A to understand the operational results of the business to be reflected in financial statements and SEC filings
- Drive improvements in the monthly close process including preparation and/or review of schedules and analyses for reporting packages
- Execute and improve on financial reporting SOX controls
- Support month end and year end closing process
- Partner with external auditors on major accounting matters and answer audit requests
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working with SEC filings of publicly traded companies as an external auditor and/or within the financial reporting department of a public company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, develop solutions, and implement successful and maintainable process changes that improve accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness
- Must excel in a fast-paced start-up type environment
- Strong understanding of SEC, FASB and US GAAP rules and regulations
- Ability to conduct technical accounting research and document findings
- Strong verbal, written, and listening skills to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate, guide, and interact with individuals throughout the organization
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations, while problem solving and effectively multi-tasking to arrive at the correct resolutions
- Familiarity with Workiva is a plus
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.