Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the role
The Closer is a cornerstone of the Doma Operations team. This individual will ensure that closings are executed with timeliness, expert accuracy, and precision, furthering the D mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for home-buyers, real estate agents, and lenders. The Closer will be excited to join the ‘title company of the future,’ processing instantly-underwritten files and leveraging technology to streamline the closing process. This role will collaborate with the Customer Service and Customer Success functions to proactively meet customer needs and provide a delightful closing experience. The Closer will be based in our state-of-the-art Operations Hub in Irvine, CA.
What will you be doing?
- Performing any or all escrow duties required of the closing, post-closing, and funding stages with confidence and professionalism
- Closing duties include:
- Confirming vesting during balancing
- Balancing a closing disclosure
- Working with vendors to schedule seamless, timely closings
- Preparing the final closing package, including final settlement statements, revised CDs, borrower proceeds preferences, borrower affidavits, and more
- Insisting on the timely and high quality of closings
- Ensuring that closing documents are delivered to the notary for signing
- Additional customer service duties include:
- Anticipating customer needs and resolving customer escalations in a professional, efficient manner
- Providing status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3+ years direct balancing and closing experience within an Escrow environment.
- Excellent phone, email, face-to-face and remote communication skills
- The ability to multi task and focus as required and to be proactive
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills, knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, and legal documents is required
- Open minded to process changes, continuous system updates and enhancements
- Proven customer service experience (High CSAT scores only)
- Have a driven, positive attitude and ability to work as a team player
- Proficient in using various computer programs and ability to navigate educational company provided resources
- Bonus: Experience processing files in ResWare
- Bonus: Possession of individual title and/or escrow licenses
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.