Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the role
The Escrow Associate is a cornerstone of the Doma Operations team. This individual will ensure that closings are executed with timeliness, expert accuracy, and precision, furthering the Doma mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for homebuyers, real estate agents, and lenders. The Escrow Associate will be excited to join the ‘title company of the future,’ processing instantly-underwritten files and leveraging technology to streamline the closing process. The Escrow Associate will be based in our state-of-the-art Operations Hub in Irvine, CA.
What will you be doing?
- Performing any or all escrow duties required of the closing, post-closing, and funding stages with confidence and professionalism
- Escrow duties include:
- Confirming vesting during closing document review
- Balancing a closing disclosure
- Working with vendors to schedule seamless, timely closings
- Preparing the final closing package, including final settlement statements, revised CDs, borrower proceeds preferences, borrower affidavits, and more
- Performing post-close file/signed documents reviews for accuracy and completeness of vesting, right-to-cancel, notes, mortgage/DOTs, 1003s, and all other lender docs from closing
- Obtain Funding Authorization from the Lender
- Informing borrowers of how to send or receive funds
- Calculating and performing payoffs (initiating and approving wires)
- Balancing Incoming Funds in files as needed
- Preparing files for final policy generation, recording, and settlement statement
- Handling HELOC post-closing processes as necessary
- Ensuring that closing documents are delivered to the notary for signing
- Review all funds for accuracy prior to disbursement including dollar amount, payee information, wire information and payment address
- Ensure all required items needing to be paid off have been collected (taxes, homeowners, mortgages and liens)
- Disburse settlement funds
- Assist Escrow Accounting with monthly reconciliation exceptions
- Assist internal Compliance department with any Escrow related audit details at the file level
- Additional customer service duties include:
- Anticipating customer needs and resolving customer escalations in a professional, efficient manner
- Providing status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3+ years of escrow and/or closing experience
- Experience in title production, mortgage processing or related field.
- Knowledge of TRID regulatory guidelines, Escrow processing and legal documents
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment
- Proven customer service experience (High CSAT scores only)
- Possession of individual title and/or escrow licenses
- Experience using ResWare
- Thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Have extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Are comfortable working within company stated SLA’s.
- Have excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Are able to quickly pick up how to use new tools and software
- Are comfortable with constant change and process improvement
- Must be a "Local" candidate with the expectation of working 1 week in the office/1 week remotely on a rotational schedule
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.