Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the role
The Title & Curative Associate I is an entry level role with an opportunity to grow and develop a career path within the Doma Operations team. This individual will be trained and mentored to ensure that title commitment packages are delivered with timeliness, accuracy, and precision, furthering the Doma mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for homebuyers, real estate agents, and lenders. The Title & Curative Associate I will be excited to join the ‘title company of the future,’ processing instantly underwritten files and leveraging technology to streamline the title process. This role will collaborate with the Customer Service and Customer Success function to proactively meet customer needs and provide a delightful closing experience. This person will be based in our state-of-the-art Operations Hub in Irvine, CA.
What will you be doing?
- Support instantly underwritten and traditionally underwritten files. Click here to learn more about Doma’s patented instant underwriting model.
- Confirm property legal description for accuracy
- Confirm property ownership for accuracy
- Obtain/receive/enter property tax data as needed
- Prep incoming orders to ensure all the supporting documentation needed is provided
- Collaborate with external and internal groups
- Order and track outside vendors for timeliness and accuracy
- Audit various documents for essential data points needed
- Review commitment package documents for accuracy
- Run additional searches as need be, included Bankruptcy and Patriot Act
- Additional customer service duties include:
- Anticipating customer needs and resolving customer escalations in a professional, efficient manner
- Providing status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers
What skills and experience do you need?
- Knowledge of escrow, real estate, title and/or mortgage business helpful but not required
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Love for multitasking
- Excellent organizational skills with a focus on details to ensure accuracy
- Comfortable with constant change and process improvement
- Driven & Ambitious
- Proven customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Have a can-do attitude with a curiosity for learning
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.