Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Operations Purchase Trainer
What does it mean to be an Ops Purchase Trainer?
As we grow our Purchase side of the business within Doma Operations, we need 2 talented trainers who can learn this business and workflow as we build it and ultimately onboard and train all Purchase new hires entering the production associate roles.
Our Purchase business will require one trainer for the Title and Curative side of the process, and one trainer for the Escrow side.
These trainers will collaborate closely with our Purchase leadership team (including our Director of Purchase, Atim Okorn), our BizOps team, and all other partners working to scale and support this new product.
As an Ops Purchase Trainer, you will be the primary facilitator and point person fall new hires trained on Purchase. But you won’t be without support! You will work closely with the rest of the Ops Learning team to develop training plans and update content to ensure that all new hires have a strong onboarding experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with BizOps and Purchase Ops Leaders to understand the Purchase workflow and performance expectations.
- Create new content, including Lessonly content and supplementary materials, used to train on Purchase.
- Create onboarding schedules for new hires.
- Advise new hires on effectively utilize Lessonly and other learning resources.
- Coordinate shadowing and reverse shadowing
- Facilitate group learning activities.
- Work with the Learning Team and Operations leaders to identify areas for improvement and help create solutions.
What makes someone a good candidate for this role?
To be eligible for this role, you must have experience working with Purchase volume in a previous role or company. In addition to subject matter expertise in traditional Purchase transactions, we’re also looking for candidates who demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Subject Matter Knowledge: A proficient understanding of Title and Escrow at Doma Operations.
- Facilitation Skills: Can effectively lead learning experiences for diverse audiences.
- Culture Leadership: Demonstrates Doma's core values in all their interactions; can facilitate strong, inclusive culture-building experiences.
- Coaching and Developing Others: Can coach others to success through relationship building, guidance, and support interventions.
What makes the Trainer role a good career opportunity?
In addition to developing in the skillsets listed above, Trainers will have opportunities to grow their people management and strategic thinking skills, both of which are strong assets for career development. The Trainer role is a great opportunity for people who want to go into people management, leadership, and/or strategy roles, either in the immediate or long-term future.
As a Trainer, you’ll become part of our Trainer community, and will form relationships with fellow Ops Trainers and members of the Learning team.
You’ll have the opportunity to influence the way we build our Purchase team and will be a founding member of this part of our organization.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.