Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
You are an internal consultant partnering with and enabling our Strategic and Enterprise Accounts and Doma Operations teams to maintain compliant practices and strong internal controls as we disrupt and improve the real estate closing experience.
- Serve as subject matter expert for business questions on compliance with laws, regulations, and best practices
- Proactively partner with business on initiative launches to create processes that are compliant and aligned with best practices
- Trend and spot issues and root causes that are sources of compliance risk or present opportunities for process improvement; partner with business areas to develop solutions and monitor implementation
- Support development of internal controls that optimize effort for benefit
- Identify opportunities for process streamlining and additional training
- Maintain knowledge of the business of Doma
- Maintain knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and best practices
- Proactively source information on changes to laws, regulations and best practices that impact the company; propose and implement responsive process and internal controls changes
- Lead and participate in special projects supporting regulatory compliance and best practices, risk management
- Act as point person for substantive review of appropriateness, completeness, and optimization of lender and regulatory audit response
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years in compliance at a regional or national scale title or settlement organization
- 10+ years of title and escrow expertise
- Entrepreneurial mindset: you derive satisfaction from building on the foundations of a developing compliance program and enhancing organizational culture
- Organizational effectiveness: you readily perceive how to get things done in a variety of business settings, and can independently function to achieve objectives while preserving strong relationships and influence
- Humility and service: consultative and supportive approach to partnership
- Ability to learn new laws, rules, and regulations and apply to Doma’s business
- Experience developing and assessing internal controls activities and effectiveness
- Experience with one or more Title Production Systems, ideally ResWare and/or SoftPro
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work and think independently, take ownership, and drive initiatives to resolution
- Problem solving ability that seeks alternative paths to desired solutions if the proposed path does not work
- Strong business judgment that enables issue identification and appropriate escalation
- Integrity, openness and transparency
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our greatest benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours and an unlimited vacation policy
- A dynamic 401(k) plan and company match program
- Wellness and commuter benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.