Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
We're growing our Instant Communications data science team
The Instant Comms team at States Title is building revolutionary workflow automation using Natural Language Understanding. We are applying state of the art NLP techniques in an applied setting, and you will have an opportunity to experiment, innovate, and unlock novel solutions within our industry. You will be empowered to influence the direction of NLP solutions at the company, and have your work published and patented.
We're proud of the sophisticated data ingestion process we have built, as well as the multi-model ecosystem that is already live. We have high expectations of communication, accountability, and mathematical rigor, and are looking for those who would be inspired and stimulated in such an environment.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- 4-7+ years of relevant experience in data science
- Excitement about contributing to our suite of Natural Language Understanding solutions that unlock meaningful efficiency within the organization.
- Experience applying NLP models to live production systems.
- Familiarity with at least one deep learning software framework.
- Ability to write robust, efficient software to analyze data, and train, apply and monitor machine learning models.
- Strengths aligned with our needs
- When you write Python code that compares a model's performance in production to its expected behavior, does engineering praise the quality of your code?
- Can you take a business need and translate it into a data science problem that can be approached quantitatively?
- Can you communicate technical concepts to a variety of stakeholders, including business partners in product, and senior leadership?
- Can you take a recent paper in the NLP space, understand the concepts presented, and implement that model on a new corpus?
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.