Doma is now seeking a VP of Investor Relations who serve as Doma’s primary contact for the investment community. In this role you will be responsible for Doma’s investor relations strategy around investor messaging, targeting and outreach and will provide investor/market intelligence and counsel to our CEO and CFO, as well as informing investors and analysts around Domas business strategies and performance. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be an integral part of the senior finance team, and will work closely with our executive leadership team. You will lead the interactions with the investment community, including shareholders, agencies, analysts, and more. This role requires a high-energy self-starter and proven leader with strong communication and collaboration skills as well as demonstrated experience managing investor relations for a public company.
What will you be doing?
- Partner with Doma’s CEO, CFO and the Executive Leadership team to manage the preparation and execution of quarterly earnings calls, investment conference calls and annual meetings
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for all communication with the analyst and investor community regarding the Company’s business model, operating results, business strategies and special developments
- Build the quarterly earnings materials (earnings release, conference call script, Q&A documents) and lead preparations for all meetings/conferences with investors, analysts, and the media, collaborating with the legal and finance departments to assure compliance with all securities laws and regulations
- Build and lead Doma's internal investor relations function, including strategy and narrative development as well as creating and executing IR operating plan and budget
- Plan and coordinate investor road shows, analyst days/meetings, and annual shareholder meeting. Work closely with key leaders on public responses to issues impacting the company's financial performance. Anticipate market reactions to possible disclosures and advise accordingly
- Build and maintain key relationships within the investment communities. Proactively anticipate and drive key investor messages based on company performance, industry events and competitive dynamics. Respond to inquiries from investors, stock analysts, and other external constituencies as appropriate
- Partner on strategic corporate and brand messages with other members of the investor relations and communications teams to ensure consistency and compliance. Digest and circulate key industry and competitive news and investor information internally to management and others
- Support post IPO activity as it relates to Investor Relations to support the needs of a publicly traded company
- Assists analysts and investors in modeling the company
- Attend and participate in conferences and roadshows as needed
What skills and experience do you need?
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Advanced degree or certification preferred (MBA/CPA/CFA)
- Deep understanding of finance, accounting and capital markets along with a good working knowledge of analysts modeling
- 10+ years of experience in investor relations
- 5+ years of direct experience managing investor relations for a public company
- A true partner to the CEO and CFO, providing forward-thinking counsel and direction to drive the story and opportunity for Doma
- A finance leader with strong quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills. Proficiency in advanced Excel and financial modeling and valuation models is preferred
- Keen intellect, unquestioned ethics, a sense of urgency and the ability to simultaneously execute on both tactical and strategic projects with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Proven success building an Investor Relations function in a high-growth environment
- Understanding of Financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow), quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and GAAP accounting standards
- Experience interacting with and presenting to executive teams, board members, investors, analyst agencies, and other external parties
- Attention to details and the highest standard of accuracy and precision
- Able to travel 25-50%
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.