Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Doma is now seeking a Head of Corporate Development responsible for leading the strategic relationships and inorganic expansion to support the company’s vision and accelerated growth. The Head of Corporate Development will lead Doma’s strategic planning and development and will be responsible for managing and coordinating all M&A activity.
What will you be doing?
- Support Doma’s growth strategy through identification, assessment and execution of potential mergers, acquisitions, investments, and joint ventures.
- Establish and lead a comprehensive process to identify and evaluate potential opportunities, which includes idea generation and screening process that will bring quality acquisition and investment ideas to the Doma management team.
- Partner with business leaders before, during and after the M&A processes, to ensure the deals make strategic sense, fit with the forward-looking business plans, and are integrated smoothly and fully optimized.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing acquisition business case analyses and executing and interfacing with our Technology team, Finance, Legal, Marketing, HR and other departments of Doma to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Develop and maintain market map, involving company’s key ecosystem and players; evolve this on an ongoing basis to ensure the current and future trajectory of this ecosystem.
- Manage transaction structuring, due diligence leadership, business case modeling and negotiation.
- Manage transaction closing and active involvement/oversight of the post-transaction integration and related activities.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships across a wide range of internal and external constituents. Partner with CEO, the full executive team, the board of directors and external stakeholders to set short-term and long-term strategic inorganic objectives for the business.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum of 12 years of recognized, progressively responsible business development and mergers/acquisitions experience, with oversight of such functions.
- MBA or relevant graduate degree or similar academic / professional experience
- Highly strategic and motivated leader who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working with global cross functional teams.
- Extensive experience in leading teams to execute all aspects of transactions including direct experience in M&A negotiation, execution, and integration.
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to Senior Leaders and external business partners.
- Strong leadership skills with a team-oriented and collaborative approach to work
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.