Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
What you'll do as a VP, Government Affairs
- Develop and execute government affairs advocacy objectives priorities for Doma before Federal and select state and local governments, including California, Texas, Florida, Illinois, New York and others as appropriate.
- Identify and communicate potential public sector opportunities and threats, develop improvement or mitigation strategies and policy positions.
- Drive and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and key initiatives in concert with Doma business objectives.
- Facilitate high-level meetings between Doma's leadership and key partners, including policymakers and executives, industry associations, and alliance partners to promote and advocate for the company’s public policies.
- Direct and manage Doma's consultants and lobbyists, where applicable.
- Work collaboratively with States Title's internal teams to ensure alignment between core business priorities and regulatory goals.
What we're looking for:
- 15 total years of experience: 5+ years(or equivalent experience) of working with or for state legislative or executive branch experience and 10 years+ of working in a government affairs position at a public company
- Understanding of and background in advocacy and issue development pertaining to title insurance and technology policies, such as government, digital identity, data protection and digital inclusion.
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to efficiently and comfortably interact at highest corporate, state and local government levels.
- Maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with the strongest professional reputation in the industry.
- Self-starter with a proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures.
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a broader team with internal and external partners as needed.
- Ability to influence and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate excellent judgment/decision-making skills, and political acuity.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.