Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
We're growing our product team
As a Senior/Staff Product Manager at Doma, you will lead product development while working hand in hand with your product design, engineering, and data science team counterparts to reinvent how our customers, partners, and in-house operators do work. You’ll design a unified, modern interface and platform for realtors, lenders, buyers, sellers, and agents, as well as clean, modern APIs to integrate with our business and technology partners.
You will measure success by the amount of seamlessness and customer delight you drive as you dream up a revolution, transforming a process now replete with inefficient email, telephone and paper interactions. Through your work, you will attract actors seeking greater earnings and efficiencies in the post-peak housing market.
- Translating the business needs and requirements into user stories, acceptance criteria and mock ups, ensuring our proposition is innovative, generic and highly competitive
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, product development effort, operational support load, and long term vision
- Drive feature/experience launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Lead sprint planning, daily standups, retrospectives in the agile process
Do you have what it takes?
- Minimum Qualifications
- Fintech: you've worked with engineering teams and deployed credit, money-management, or insurance products
- Title: you’ve designed or led the product direction a customer-facing or escrow-officer facing software system
- Series A or Series B start-up environments: you've operated independently with little or no direction and identified value creating product opportunities for customer acquisition
- 5 years of relevant experience in product management
- Track record of working closely with engineering teams to ship product
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated product/UX design experience
- Domain experience in any of the following:
- Preferred Qualifications
- Independent thinker capable of operating within ambiguously defined structures with a bias for delivering tangible results
- Experience/skill with data-driven product decision decision making
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussion
- Technical or strategy-oriented background, preferably with a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related.
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer
- Strengths aligned with our needs:
- E.g. Are you able to dream up solutions and experiences that surprise stakeholders (are you inventing a better saddle, or are you inventing the automobile?)
- E.g. Once you’re comfortable with the business model, can you estimate on the spot whether a newly proposed solution is profitable?
- E.g. Can you provide an independent estimate of the time to complete a project?
- E.g. Can you get a group to make a controversial decision in fewer than 30 minutes?
- E.g. Can you sense friction between stakeholders and your team before it materializes, and solve it almost presciently?
- Creative skills
- Business acumen
- Understanding of technical implementation costs
- Collaboration skills
- Communication skills
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.