DoiT International is the leading global cloud consulting company, Google Cloud’s partner of the year, and an Amazon Web Services strategic partner. Our world-class cloud architects and cloud engineering support teams work hands-on, side-by-side with our customers to educate, mentor, and advise.
Our Cloud Management Platform (CMP) is a cutting-edge product that helps businesses improve their cloud operations, maintain the highest levels of operational security, analyze and manage cloud spending, achieve extraordinary cost savings, and efficiently govern their growing cloud infrastructure.
Our mission is to help businesses realize the full potential of the cloud without having to hire, reskill, or retask any personnel to handle the low-level details.
Want to join us?
As a Software Engineer, you will be working on improving our Cloud Management Platform product and implementing new features. You'll be working closely with product managers, developers from other teams and also participate in product-making decisions.
Target Locations: EMEA.
We’ve created a remote-first culture that thrives in a virtual environment so you have the resources you need to connect with talented people around the world.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement features. From the proposal, through spec and implementation, to maintenance. You're expected to propose things that you think can be a good addition to the products
- Review code. We believe in code reviews. And you will soon start reviewing pull requests as well!
- Improve the health of the codebase. We’re mindful of accumulating technical debt. We dedicate one day per week to housekeeping
- Provide feedback. The team plans and discusses the upcoming work. We provide feedback to each other, trying to find challenges and unknowns as early as possible
Ideal candidates will have:
- 6+ years of software development experience
- A Full Stack Engineer or a strong desire to be Full Stack
- A solid understanding of programming languages, ideally knowledge of the React framework and Go programming language, but if you don’t you will be willing to learn and fully embrace these languages
- A proven track record on owning and delivering features on time
- Advantageous to have experience developing solutions in the Cloud, and/or using Cloud services but certainly not a must
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and software engineering practices
- Demonstrated passion for creating high-quality web apps
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proven ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated
Sounds like you?
Great! Here’s a little more about us…
We’re a team of cloud professionals who love working with others to solve challenging technical problems. We are committed to personal development and enjoy sharing our knowledge and experience through any combination of blogging, training, public speaking, and open-source contributions.
Our core values guide us in creating a diverse team, a welcoming and supportive working environment, and a stellar employee experience with plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development.
Here Are Some Things We’ve Worked On Recently That Might Give You a Better Sense Of What You’ll Be Doing Day To Day -
Our standard stack includes Firestore, BigQuery, Firebase, DynamoDB, Pub/Sub, TensorFlow, Go, Python, React, Google AppEngine, and a long list of auxiliary technologies.
- Built machine learning pipeline to predict cloud infrastructure cost
- Architected a large-scale distributed system to provide actionable recommendations
- Developed advanced cloud analytics platform to extract cost/usage insights
- Upgraded our codebase to Go 1.15 & Python 3.0
- Set up a new CD pipeline delivering incremental updates many times every day
- Created proactive monitoring system for cloud known issues and quotas usage
- Invented a new way for companies to purchase AWS reservations
Benefits and Perks
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision plans from top carriers
- Pension plan with employer contribution
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Unlimited annual leave policy (including parental leave)
- Flexible working hours with a focus on maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- We encourage you to learn new skills and work on your professional development (and we will help cover the costs of courses, certifications, etc.)
- A generous starting allowance to help you upgrade your home office