- For many companies, the journey to cloud transformation can be more like a tangled web of complexity. DoiT International is a global organization that helps teams successfully evaluate, test, migrate, and optimize on the public cloud.
- As Google Cloud’s top partner and a strategic partner of Amazon Web Services, our mission is to enable customers to harness the power of the public cloud at peak efficiency so they can focus on building the best products for their own customers.
- Beyond just a helping hand, we’re building a suite of products to help our customers to optimize every facet of their cloud deployments. As a testament to our deep engineering expertise, over 1,000 tech-savvy companies such as Outbrain, JFrog, and Redislabs trust DoiT International’s Cloud Management Platform as their copilot in the cloud.
- Having raised $100 million from Charlesbank Capital Partners, we’re scaling all aspects of our company — especially around product innovation. DoiT’s Cloud Management Platform is a game-changer in the industry that helps developers at tech-savvy companies improve cloud operations, maintain security, control cost, and ensure governance of its growing cloud estate.
Our Core Values guide us in crafting a unique and stellar employee experience for all of our team members.
Target Locations: Anywhere within the Central region of the US. We’ve created a remote first culture that thrives in a virtual environment so you have the resources you need to connect with talented people around the world.
In This Role, You Will: As a Cloud Data Engineer, you will guide customers on how to ingest, store, process, analyze and explore/visualize data on the Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services. You will work with customers to design large-scale data processing systems, develop data pipelines optimized for scaling, plan data migration & transformation tasks, and troubleshoot potential platform issues.
As a member of our Cloud Engineering team, you will be working with our most strategic GCP and AWS customers. Together, you will support customer implementation of cloud products through: architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring and much more.
About Us: Our Cloud Engineering team helps customers to transform and evolve their business through the use of hyperscalers’ network, web-scale data centers, and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes.
Want to learn more?
- Check out this blog to learn more about a day in the life of a Cloud Architect @ DoiT
- Check out our live stats page to learn more about the technologies used by the team every day to support our customers
- Learn more about some real world examples of the types of issues we solve and open sourced tools the team has developed along the way.
- Leverage your extensive hands-on technical and customer support experience to be the trusted technical advisor to our customers, solving critical, highly complex problems and challenges that may span multiple cloud services and vendors.
- Work together with our customers on the solutions and communicate effectively through a variety of contact channels, which include our ticketing system, email, Slack and video calls.
- Partner with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Azure teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders
- Cloud Engineers may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues, write tools/scripts to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
- Experience developing and troubleshooting internet-scale, production-grade data distributed systems in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud with the focus on selecting appropriate tools to tackle the business problem at the right scale
- Experience in writing software in one or more languages such as Java, Python, Go, Rust
- Experience with data storage & processing tools and frameworks such as Google BigQuery, BigTable; AWS Kinesis, Redshift, Athena, Apache Spark, Hive, Beam, Flink
- Experience working with cloud data storage, data warehousing, and/or data lake architectures, creating ETL/ELT pipelines, and reporting/analytic frameworks
- Experience with designing highly-available databases for serving transactional web-scale low-latency traffic
- Great verbal and written communication skills
What it is and what it is not:
- 100% cloud with multi-cloud exposure - GCP, AWS and Azure.
- Work exclusively with SMB digital-native customers (= lots of innovation, rapid pace)
- Not a junior role or traditional tier 1 support! We only hire experienced engineers and you will work on fixing complex issues that are unique to our customers
- Get exposure to the most innovative technologies
- Work closely with leading engineers and some of the best architects around the world
- No pre-sales actively is required as a part of the job
- No on-site work is required, 100% remote - work from where you work best.
- As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with our staff located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
- 30% of our engineering time is dedicated to learning. It’s practically a part of the job!
- Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organisation to help you meet your career goals.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health Insurance including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from top carriers
- Professional Development, including certifications
- 401k matching / Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Uncapped PTO
- Parental Leave
- Flexible working options
- Home Office Allowance
- Work-life balance