DoiT International is the leading global cloud consulting company working as Google Cloud’s top partner and strategic partner of Amazon Web Services. We tackle complex problems of scale for our customers, using our expertise in resolving problems, machine learning, algorithms, complexity analysis, and system design.
Our mission is to enable customers to harness the power of the public cloud at peak efficiency so they can focus on building the best products for their own customers. Our team consists of world class architects who are leaders in their industry areas. For nearly a decade, we’ve been helping the most successful businesses to build and scale products with our world-class cloud engineering support.
Having raised $100 million from Charlesbank Capital Partners, we’re scaling all aspects of our company — especially around product innovation. DoiT’s Cloud Management Platform is a gamechanger in the industry that helps the developers at digital-native companies improve cloud operations, maintain security, control cost, and ensure governance of its growing cloud estate.
Our Core Values guide us in crafting a unique and stellar employee experience for all of our team members. Challenging work, continuous learning, massive opportunities for internal growth as we continue to scale, and a remote-first culture rooted in communication and transparency help us attract and retain the best talent in the Cloud Ecosystem.
Values for All Do’ers: Act As One Team, Wow the Customer, See it Through, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Pursue Knowledge, Have Fun
Target Locations: Remote anywhere in EMEA. Since we are dedicated to being a remote first company, this position can work anywhere in the EMEA region. We want you to work where you are most comfortable and productive whether that be at home, in a coworking space, or a coffee shop.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be working on improving our Cloud Management Platform product and implementing new features. You'll be working closely with product managers, developers from other teams and also participate in product making decisions
Our standard stack includes Firestore, BigQuery, Firebase, DynamoDB, Pub/Sub, TensorFlow, Go, Python, React, Google AppEngine, and a long list of auxiliary technologies. Here are some things we’ve worked on recently that might give you a better sense of what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Built machine learning pipeline to predict cloud infrastructure cost
- Architected large-scale distributed system to provide actionable recommendations
- Developed advanced cloud analytics platform to extract cost/usage insights
- Upgraded our codebase to Go 1.13 & Python 3.0
- Set up a new CD pipeline delivering incremental updates many times every day
- Created proactive monitoring system for cloud known issues and quotas usage
- Invented a new way for companies to purchase AWS reservations
On a day-to-day basis you’ll:
- Implement features. From proposal, through spec and implementation, to maintenance. You're expected to propose things that you think can be a good addition to the products
- Review code. We believe in code reviews. And you will soon start reviewing pull requests as well!
- Improve health of the code base. We’re mindful on accumulating technical debt. We dedicate one day per week to housekeeping
- Provide feedback. The team plans and discusses the upcoming work. We provide feedback to each other, trying to find challenges and unknowns as early as possible
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of software development experience
- A solid understanding of the React framework, Python or Go programming languages - a must
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures and software engineering practices
- Demonstrated passion for creating high-quality web apps
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proven ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated
You might have a CS degree. You might not. That’s not what we’re looking for. We care about what you can do and how you do it, not about how you got here. A strong track record of conscientious, thoughtful work speaks volumes.
We’re looking for experienced candidates only for this role. You should have been doing this work before in a professional setting, but you also won’t know how all our systems work on day one, and we don’t expect you to. Nobody hits the ground running.
If you have experience with Kubernetes in particular, that's a plus. We're planning to switch from Google App Engine to Kubernetes soon so if you can bring experience and fresh, we're eager to learn. But this is not a requirement.
This is a remote job. You’re free to work where you work best: home office, co-working space, coffeeshops. However, given our existing team, we're specifically looking for someone from the Eastern US, Israel or Europe. We also need a reasonable overlap during a normal workday with the PT timezone, so we are not considering candidates from, say, India or Australia for this role.
We appreciate people who can work collaboratively but understand that decisions will not always be made by consensus. We subject ideas to rigorous consideration and challenge each other, but all remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do great work together and scale the business. That comes with direct feedback, openness to each others’ experience, and willingness to show up for each other as well as for the technical work at hand. We’re in this for the long term.
You’ve been hiring, managing and working with “managers of one”. You set the tone, assign items, determine what needs to get done, etc. — but they do it by themselves and for themselves.
We need you to have a great sense of ownership, pride and and the impact you’re making on our company. You know how to effectively communicate your ideas and win the hearts and minds of the engineering and product teams.
You act based on data and not the gut feelings but you also have entrepreneurship spirit experience and mindset. You evaluate new ideas or what we already have with a grain of salt and are encouraged to challenge the status quo.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health Insurance including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from top carriers
- Professional Development, including certifications
- 401k matching or pension plan with employer contribution
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Uncapped PTO
- Flexible working options
- Work life balance