Our Core Values
They are few, but we feel strongly about them. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our five core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time and your teammates don’t need to worry about you keeping your word.
- Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work, down to the smallest details.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging whether you're explaining a complex idea or providing feedback.
- Ambition. You set high standards for yourself and those around you. The time you spend on work isn’t measured by quantity, but by quality.
- Impact. You're able to see the "big picture" and then solve issues that have a high impact on our customers, our team, and our company.
About DoiT International
At DoiT International, our mission is to empower developers at digital-native companies to improve cloud operations, maintain security, control cost and ensure governance of its growing cloud estate. It has five strategic pillars, - optimization, governance, enablement, productivity and analytics. Each theme is envisioned to have its own team, including software engineers, domain experts and a dedicated product manager.
Having recently raised $100 million from Charlesbank Capital Partners, we’re scaling all aspects of our company — especially around product innovation. And that’s where you come in. As a member of our team, you’ll play an important role in architecting, engineering and delivering our product to market.
Since we are dedicated to being a remote first company, this position can work anywhere in the EMEA region. We want you to work where you are most comfortable and productive whether that be at home, in a coworking space, or a coffee shop.
Target Locations: Remote anywhere in EMEA
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be working on improving our Cloud Management Platform product and implementing new features. You'll be working closely with product managers, developers from other teams and also participate in product making decisions
Our standard stack includes Firestore, BigQuery, Firebase, DynamoDB, Pub/Sub, TensorFlow, Go, Python, React, Google AppEngine, and a long list of auxiliary technologies. Here are some things we’ve worked on recently that might give you a better sense of what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Built machine learning pipeline to predict cloud infrastructure cost
- Architected large-scale distributed system to provide actionable recommendations
- Developed advanced cloud analytics platform to extract cost/usage insights
- Upgraded our codebase to Go 1.13 & Python 3.0
- Set up a new CD pipeline delivering incremental updates many times every day
- Created proactive monitoring system for cloud known issues and quotas usage
- Invented a new way for companies to purchase AWS reservations
On a day-to-day basis you’ll:
- Implement features. From proposal, through spec and implementation, to maintenance. You're expected to propose things that you think can be a good addition to the products
- Review code. We believe in code reviews. And you will soon start reviewing pull requests as well!
- Improve health of the code base. We’re mindful on accumulating technical debt. We dedicate one day per week to housekeeping
- Provide feedback. The team plans and discusses the upcoming work. We provide feedback to each other, trying to find challenges and unknowns as early as possible
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of software development experience
- A solid understanding of the React framework, Python or Go programming languages
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures and software engineering practices
- Demonstrated passion for creating high-quality web apps
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proven ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated
You might have a CS degree. You might not. That’s not what we’re looking for. We care about what you can do and how you do it, not about how you got here. A strong track record of conscientious, thoughtful work speaks volumes.
We’re looking for experienced candidates only for this role. You should have been doing this work before in a professional setting, but you also won’t know how all our systems work on day one, and we don’t expect you to. Nobody hits the ground running.
If you have experience with Kubernetes in particular, that's a plus. We're planning to switch from Google App Engine to Kubernetes soon so if you can bring experience and fresh, we're eager to learn. But this is not a requirement.
This is a remote job. You’re free to work where you work best: home office, co-working space, coffeeshops. However, given our existing team, we're specifically looking for someone from the Eastern US, Israel or Europe. We also need a reasonable overlap during a normal workday with the PT timezone, so we are not considering candidates from, say, India or Australia for this role.
We appreciate people who can work collaboratively but understand that decisions will not always be made by consensus. We subject ideas to rigorous consideration and challenge each other, but all remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do great work together and scale the business. That comes with direct feedback, openness to each others’ experience, and willingness to show up for each other as well as for the technical work at hand. We’re in this for the long term.
You’ve been hiring, managing and working with “managers of one”. You set the tone, assign items, determine what needs to get done, etc. — but they do it by themselves and for themselves.
We need you to have a great sense of ownership, pride and and the impact you’re making on our company. You know how to effectively communicate your ideas and win the hearts and minds of the engineering and product teams.
You act based on data and not the gut feelings but you also have entrepreneurship spirit experience and mindset. You evaluate new ideas or what we already have with a grain of salt and are encouraged to challenge the status quo.