We seek an experienced Tax Accountant to ensure we deliver compliant, consistent services of the highest standard to a diverse range of clients.
You will be part of a team that has strong and enduring relationships with clients and an intimate understanding of their needs.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and a clear career path, with access to professional development and mentoring by our team of outstanding senior advisors.
Your responsibilities include:
- Completing financial statements, tax returns, activity statements and interim financial reports in a timely manner
- Presenting to clients and providing simple explanations of complex concepts
- Reviewing annual and interim reports
- Developing expertise in efficient tax strategies, preparing forecasts, reporting, and advice on business structures
- Supporting team members to become the first point of call for technical queries.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Commerce or similar
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- At least 3 years' experience working for a public practice accounting firm
- Experience preparing financial statements and tax returns for small to medium enterprises
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience or interest in working with primary producers and regional businesses
- Tax planning and strategy development expertise
- Proficiency in Xero.
Dodgshun Medlin provides integrated professional services to enterprises, individuals and families – farmers, manufacturers, retailers and investors – throughout regional Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia, and to city people with sophisticated rural interests. We deliver the foresight, confidence and clarity needed to help grow thriving communities. Our base is at Swan Hill, on the Murray River, where the people are welcoming, the air is clean, housing affordable and the commute is a breeze. We also have a modern suite in Collins Street, Melbourne.