As a paraplanner or associate planner with at least three years' experience, you will ensure we continue to deliver compliant, consistent services of the highest standard to a diverse range of clients. In this role, you will be part of a team that has strong and enduring relationships with a wide range of clients, most of them based in regional Victoria.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and a clear career path, with access to professional development and mentoring by our team of outstanding senior advisors.
- Preparation for initial and review meetings
- Completing research and development of strategy for paraplanning
- Preparing advice documents and necessary applications
- Performing financial modelling
- Attending client meetings, taking file notes and recording meeting particulars
- Coordinate and attend to implementation of financial advice strategies to completion
- Communicating with client, fund managers and other product providers; and responding to their queries
- Maintaining compliant client records and adhering to regulatory requirements and business processes
- Supporting team training and mentoring (including transfer of technical skills and knowledge)
Skills & Experience
- FASEA compliant, or be close to completing FASEA education requirements
- 3+ years experience in financial planning industry
- Working knowledge of platforms, investments, advice strategies including superannuation and insurance
- Experience or interest in working with primary producers and regional businesses
- SMSF and gearing accreditation
- Direct equity experience
- Aged Care and Centrelink experience
- Experience using X-Plan
During the past year much has changed, including attitudes and priorities. It has ever been that the country migrates to the city and now it’s the reverse. The COVID experience has convinced many to escape the crush and find better, more open worlds for themselves and their families, existing and future. They have discovered what they can do without and perhaps more tellingly, what they cannot do without.
If you’re in professional services – Accountancy, Tax, Business Development or Wealth – consider Dodgshun Medlin. We have a swish Collins Street office but our engine-room is in Swan Hill, on the Murray. Here, you can accelerate your CBD-grade career with stability and purpose, while enjoying a more fulfilling lifestyle. You will also gain the respect and appreciation of genuine country clients in sophisticated industry, agriculture and retail.