We seek a Senior Tax Accountant with at least six years' experience to ensure we deliver compliant, consistent services of the highest standard to a diverse range of clients across urban and regional areas of Australia.
You will be part of a team that has strong and enduring relationships with clients and an intimate understanding of their needs. Some travel will be required.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and a clear career path, with access to professional development and mentoring by our team of outstanding senior advisors.
- Completing financial statements, tax returns, activity statements and interim financial reports for complex family groups in a timely manner
- Presenting to clients and providing simple explanations of complex concepts
- Reviewing annual and interim reports
- Preparation of efficient tax strategies, forecasts, reports, and advice on business structures
- Identifying existing and/or potential tax compliance issues
- Identifying opportunities based on client circumstances
- Reviewing and updating processes as required
- Efficient, timely and accurate high-level complex annual reporting
- Support for team training and mentoring (including transfer of technical skills and knowledge).
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Commerce
- At least 6 years' experience working for a public practice accounting firm
- Experience in tax planning and strategy development
- Experience delivering quality tax advice for small to medium enterprises
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience or interest in working with primary producers and businesses based in regional areas
- Tax planning and strategy development expertise
- Proficiency in Xero
- Team leadership and/or management experience.
Dodgshun Medlin provides integrated professional services to enterprises, individuals and families – farmers, manufacturers, retailers and investors – throughout regional Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia, and to city people with sophisticated rural interests. We deliver the foresight, confidence and clarity needed to help grow thriving communities.
Why should you join Dodgshun Medlin?
- Client focus - Become part of a team that works directly with clients to develop strong and enduring relationships and an intimate understanding of their needs.
- Flexible location - Our base is at Swan Hill, on the Murray River, where the people are welcoming, the air is clean, housing affordable and the commute is a breeze. Or you could work from our offices in Collins Street.
- Career development - We offer a clear career path, with access to professional development and mentoring by our team of outstanding trusted senior advisors.