Docugami is a Seattle-area document engineering startup that has just received a $10M seed round of VC funding as well as multiple endorsements from industry leaders and publications. We strive to transform how businesses create and manage documents for greater productivity, compliance, and insight using breakthrough artificial intelligence.
Applying AI to natural language processing (NLP) is today's next frontier. Docugami specializes in inventing and implementing unique and creative techniques that push the boundaries of what is possible in document understanding, information extraction and document authoring assistance.
Docugami is looking for Machine Learning, Data Science and Math PhD researchers to work alongside our world-renowned science and engineering team to create a revolutionary product. We are looking for experienced researchers to work with our luminary science advisors on major scientific breakthroughs.
You will love this job if:
- You love solving really challenging problems
- You seek opportunities to see your research deployed in practice to solve real world problems and impact millions of users
- You enjoy working at the very cutting edge of R&D
- You want to experience an early stage startup
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Proposing solutions to the different science problems in an evolving environment
- Collaborating with engineering and product leadership to plan and prioritize a long-term roadmap of science breakthroughs
- Working with the engineering team who will be responsible for integrating and deploying your work in production
- Conducting regular internal science reviews and educational sessions for the team
- Working with our partners in academia to stay at the very forefront of R&D in our space
What we look for in a candidate:
- More than five years of experience after completing PhD, or equivalent demonstrable industry experience
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in areas like computer science, mathematics, statistics, electrical engineering, or related fields
- Deep and up-to-date experience with some of the following: natural language processing (NLP), machine translation, self-supervised learning, active learning, computer vision, statistics, causal inference, and other related disciplines
- Programming skills and familiarity of modern ML frameworks
- Research track demonstrated by top-level journal and conference publications
- Strong problem-solving and self management skills
- Passion for technical and scientific excellence
- Strong communication skills and capacity to report and disseminate results
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Healthcare plan
- Competitive vacation and leave policy
- Unlimited in-house healthy snacks & drinks
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of highly motivated folks with a unique range of startup, big enterprise, scientific, engineering, sales & marketing experience
- Vibrant and inclusive company culture with frequent team-building events
Docugami is a Seattle-area document engineering startup that transforms how businesses create and manage documents for greater productivity, compliance, and insight using breakthrough artificial intelligence. Founded in March 2018 by former senior engineering leaders from Microsoft, Docugami harnesses a wide range of artificial intelligence techniques, including natural language processing, image recognition, declarative markup, and other approaches, to enable businesses of all sizes to radically improve how they create and manage documents for greater insight, efficiency, and business impact.
Learn more at www.docugami.com
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team.